2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beller, I'm out of likes, but "like" ^^^^

Would you share your height and weight and where the factory settings are set? And how was that compared to you Gen II settings.

Also, any first impressions on the lean sensitive LEDs? Have you ridden it at night?

That Kawi green on your buddy's Connie really pops too!

I've got to put my two cents in here! I'm a little older than some of you so I haven't owned that many bikes (I'm only my 6th one) but I bought my first one from a dealer yesterday.
A friend told me that Ride Motorsports in Woodinville took a '14 in on trade for a new one. A few days later I wandered in to see if there was even a chance at making a deal. I walked out after looking at it thinking no way would they talk to me. The next day I went in to talk with Bill, the salesman, and within a few minutes he had the owner into the conversation. Less than a half hour later they made me a pretty reasonable offer. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fantastic, but when you are specifically looking for a RED one in excellent shape with low mileage there isn't a lot to choose from.

The next day I went in and wrote them a check and handed them the keys to my '11 with tons of accessories on it. They were happy and I was smiling. What more could a guy want. They did the next major service for me and even made me a great deal on a new front tire. Guess what I'm saying is it feels good buying from a dealer who has been regularly giving me great service on my old bike. Told the service manager that now he has me for life.

I like dealing locally!

Are you related to Bill, the sales guy??

Bodywork removal - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/153923-i-give-how-do-you-remove-the-fairing-side-panels-on-the-2013/
Saddle bag locks - the small screws that hold the latch need to be loctited if the dealer didn't do it. If you lose latch parts, you could lose a saddlebag.
Note to AdamK. I see you are in Bellevue, WA a very nice area! To remove and replace the security screws on the locks you will need a security torx bit. Surely there is a Harbour Freight store in the greater Seattle area. You can get a security torx set very inexpensively there.

Ah.... - thanks Joe.

Edit - What does lean sensitive LEDs have to do with electronic suspension? Guess it's a way for Yammie to tease you into forking over the extra $$$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe for those not familiar with the FJR, but for those that already ride them, not so much. If the LALed's were only on the A model, I think most here would still go for the ES model, even with its bump in price over the A. Then again, I could be wrong. ;)

I'm really glad I found this forum it looks like there are quite a few guys from the area so that is supper cool.
Make sure you come to the spring Tech Day PP. Great group up here and you'll be be able to check out 30-40 FJRs with all the little custom goodies each of us has added!
--G

Bodywork removal - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/153923-i-give-how-do-you-remove-the-fairing-side-panels-on-the-2013/
Saddle bag locks - the small screws that hold the latch need to be loctited if the dealer didn't do it. If you lose latch parts, you could lose a saddlebag.
Note to AdamK. I see you are in Bellevue, WA a very nice area! To remove and replace the security screws on the locks you will need a security torx bit. Surely there is a Harbour Freight store in the greater Seattle area. You can get a security torx set very inexpensively there.
Excellent idea! There's one just a few miles from me. Thx for the tip....

I'm really glad I found this forum it looks like there are quite a few guys from the area so that is supper cool.
Make sure you come to the spring Tech Day PP. Great group up here and you'll be be able to check out 30-40 FJRs with all the little custom goodies each of us has added!
--G
I'm pretty new here. Tried to look up with a search but couldn't find anything about it.

Beller, I'm out of likes, but "like" ^^^^
Would you share your height and weight and where the factory settings are set? And how was that compared to you Gen II settings.

Also, any first impressions on the lean sensitive LEDs? Have you ridden it at night?

That Kawi green on your buddy's Connie really pops too!
Okay hppants, here is the suspension setup on my 2016 FJR1300A. These would be factory settings as my dealer told me they did not change anything.

• Fork preload set at 15mm. I measured this with a digital caliper. Obviously both forks are set the same.
  • Fork rebound is set at 12 clicks.
  • Fork compression is set at 10 clicks.
  • Shock preload on soft.
  • Shock rebound at 12 clicks.
I am 5ft 11in, 245lbs (fat). I have the seat on the high setting and am just a fraction away from being flat footed at a stop.

I only have about 130 miles on the bike, but have had the opportunity to ride at speed though several curves. So far I like the factory setup and do not plan any changes yet. As I said on an earlier post the 2016 seems to have less brake dive than my 2008 AE did. Unfortunately I no longer have my notes on what I had the 2008 set at.

Also the A model does not have the LED turn lamps, you have to spring for the ES to get that.

All of this said, I don't think the addition of electronically adjustable suspension would have been worth it to me. I guess I could see it if you ride two up a lot and want to be able to quickly change set up. It also might be a selling point when you are ready sell the bike. For me and my style of riding, the A is perfect. Once I dial in my suspension settings, I'll likely never change them, with the exception of switching the shock to the hard setting when I have the bike loaded for a trip.

I hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing how others set up their bikes.

Looking on Cycletrader within 200 miles of my area there are two dealers offering 2016FJR ES for $16890.

I'll let you know what my local 20 miles away dealer quotes one at.

All of this said, I don't think the addition of electronically adjustable suspension would have been worth it to me. [...] It also might be a selling point when you are ready sell the bike.
This remains to be seen, and will depend greatly on how serviceable these components are.

All of this said, I don't think the addition of electronically adjustable suspension would have been worth it to me. I guess I could see it if you ride two up a lot and want to be able to quickly change set up. It also might be a selling point when you are ready sell the bike. For me and my style of riding, the A is perfect. Once I dial in my suspension settings, I'll likely never change them, with the exception of switching the shock to the hard setting when I have the bike loaded for a trip.
^This is me too. I've never had a passenger and just switching from soft to hard is enough for the stuff I travel with. I doubt I'd ever pay the extra for an ES.

I think I found the guy down in Salem that wants to do business! Today was pretty frustrating the dealers up here are just not motivated to sell but that's ok. I have family down there would be a good excuse to go down to see them for the weekend. Didn't get any hits on the Craigslist add but changed it to SOLD just to rattle some nerves.
Shane @ Power Yamaha by any chance?
It was Andrew, but he did cc all the guys in the shop in one of his emails and I saw Shane included in there.

I'm still in a bit of shock that I found someone my first day of looking so thanks a bunch.
punk.gif

I stopped by one of the local dealers yesterday to show my wife the bike and she loves it. One of the guys in the shop smelled blood and was just drooling to make the kill. I didn't appreciate his comments and smartly departed before I said something I was going to regret. I suppose talking with them in the past months I was pretty excited about the bike and that led him to the wrong conclusion. Will have to keep that in mind when ever I have to deal with him again.
rolleyes.gif

So today Dave Sibley emails me to tell me MSRP. Glad they didn't wait till I drove down there. Not sure if I would have self control at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found the guy down in Salem that wants to do business! Today was pretty frustrating the dealers up here are just not motivated to sell but that's ok. I have family down there would be a good excuse to go down to see them for the weekend. Didn't get any hits on the Craigslist add but changed it to SOLD just to rattle some nerves.
Shane @ Power Yamaha by any chance?
It was Andrew, but he did cc all the guys in the shop in one of his emails and I saw Shane included in there.

I'm still in a bit of shock that I found someone my first day of looking so thanks a bunch.
punk.gif

I stopped by one of the local dealers yesterday to show my wife the bike and she loves it. One of the guys in the shop smelled blood and was just drooling to make the kill. I didn't appreciate his comments and smartly departed before I said something I was going to regret. I suppose talking with them in the past months I was pretty excited about the bike and that led him to the wrong conclusion. Will have to keep that in mind when ever I have to deal with him again.
rolleyes.gif

So today Dave Sibley emails me to tell me MSRP. Glad they didn't wait till I drove down there. Not sure if I would have self control at that point.
lol.gif
lmaosmiley.gif
crazy.gif