2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! You get post of the month! Great review and AWESOME photos. Looks like a really nice dealer. And I am liking that frost color.

And who knew Carver had an international chapter??
tonguesmiley.gif

That was a very well done report! I also like that "frost" color as Scooter said too.

Photos were awesome!

I agree, the "Frost" color is almost exactly what I would paint a bike!! Maybe even a little more white. Like the BMW white tones.

Great report as well.

Thanks for the pics and report kebo, nicely done! Echos my thoughts after a short ride on a '16...Yamaha has done a nice job with the new FJR!

--G

I'm curious which color will be more popular between graphite & silver.Which color would you pick?
I read your post before going back a page for the pics, and thought to myself, Well, graphite, naturally...classic, rich color, and offers more contrast to the engine.

Then I saw the pics...damn, but that silver/frost is sharp! After seeing them, I think I'd go with the silver/frost..seems to make more of a muscular statement. I still like the U.S.'s blue the best, but between those two, I think silver/frost is the way to go.

Now that I have the gps wired in I was able to verify rpm to speed and speedo accuracy. At 80 mph indicated on the bike's speedo the Garmin said 78 mph. Far better than the 7-8 mph optimistic ST1300 speedo at 80 mph. The rpms looked to be 3,900 at 80 mph. BTW, the speedo was only 1 mph optimistic at 35 mph.

Now that I have the gps wired in I was able to verify rpm to speed and speedo accuracy. At 80 mph indicated on the bike's speedo the Garmin said 78 mph. Far better than the 7-8 mph optimistic ST1300 speedo at 80 mph. The rpms looked to be 3,900 at 80 mph. BTW, the speedo was only 1 mph optimistic at 35 mph.

So it's identical to the other Gen III FJRs. No surprise there.

Hi guys, I am close to pulling the trigger on a new ES. Looking at $15,000 OTD with mine as a trade in. Sound good?

Hi guys, I am close to pulling the trigger on a new ES. Looking at $15,000 OTD with mine as a trade in. Sound good?
What's your price not including sales tax or license? Sales tax can range from 3% to 10% depending on location. License fees vary widely too.

How about looking at it this way. You can get a 2016 ES from D&H in Alabama for $16k including all costs except tax and license. KBB for a trade-in on a 2006 in 'good' condition is $4,300. So a "good" deal would be $11,700 before tax and license with your trade-in. Add your tax and license costs to $11,700 and then compare. Here in Seattle the sales tax is almost 10%. That's $12,870 + license. So a "good deal" would be more like $13.1k here in Seattle. If your sales tax is lower than 10% the "good deal" number would be lower than $13.1k.

Of course you'd also have to figure in shipping from AL to NY in your case too. It was $650 for me to ship an FJR from AL to WA.

Hey all, FNG here. At first I was SO excited they made it a 6 speed but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if it's worth the extra money. If the only thing one were concerned about is vibrations on the highway at say, 75mph is the extra gear going to make that much of a difference?

I also think one less gear to shift out of would be a good thing, kind of undecided.

Thanks!

------

Admin Note: This is a sockpuppet account of previous forum member that just wouldn't stop being abusive to forum members (not me by the way) and trolling for more. Go away troll.

Now, back exclusively to the new 2016.
smile.png

Thanks

The Management

Last edited by a moderator: