• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2016 Wheel Balancer offer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine a couple weeks now. Nice workmanship on this balancer. Gonna have to find something for the car wheels now.
rolleyes.gif

All the '2016 group buy' customer orders have been shipped and received. I built a couple extras in case parts get damaged or lost in transit. Fortunately that did not happen this year. Consequently I have two units available for sale.

PM if interested.

Russ

I'll take another one!! One of my buddy's had been bragging about the price of his Harbor Freight balancer but had an issue with it today. He borrowed my balancer and immediately asked if you had another one for sale. He's old school/PayPal illiterate so I'll send it through.

It's not on backwards, AJ. You're used to looking at PR2s from the front perhaps. What you're seeing in this photo is the side facing the radiator when its mounted on the bike. (ABS ring is on the left) I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but, c'mon..

If it is on backwards, then I am a dimwit cuz I've put 4 or 5 on the same way. And I never caught on fire or slid off the road with it either.
smile.png

On my computer screen the tire looks really wide and when glancing at the ABS ring thought for a second it was the drive splines. OK nothing to see here the tire is on correct.
sorry.gif

Oh...I've never mounted one. I thought the points went forward. Imagine...I was wrong about something. Lol...Seems to be a common theme around here.

Bumping this thread since it got referenced elsewhere... My question is, are the bearings really necessary? It seems like the cones would engage the wheel bearings so the wheel should spin fine on those.

The bearings reduce resistance so the wheel spins easier. I'm sure it will spin on its own bearings, but the axle spinning on those bearings makes it super easy to spin, which is what you'll need for precise balance.