2019 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I've seen so far show's more pics of a clear coat blue. Looks like the same ole Cobalt blue again. I like the cobalt. I own a 2012. But there has been a lot of blue lately.

GP

...Something odd about the "action" photo of the blue bike on the bottom of the page. The grab bar and back mounting plate are also blue. The last few years these components were painted in a gloss black even on the matte 2018.
Not really odd. My 2018 in its gloss grey colour came with a black shiny rear rack and grab-rail (since changed for a silver top-case rack), just about visible in this picture.(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
My point was that it was odd it didn't match the color scheme (gloss black on several years) - possibly indicating a change.

Something odd about the "action" photo of the blue bike on the bottom of the page. The grab bar and back mounting plate are also blue. The last few years these components were painted in a gloss black even on the matte 2018.
Not really odd. My 2018 in its gloss grey colour came with a black shiny rear rack and grab-rail (since changed for a silver top-case rack), just about visible in this picture.
(Click on image for larger view)

Mid October and nothing on the USA FJR !
I don't get it.

Dave
The two times they didn't announce by this date.....they ended up releasing the Gen 2 and Gen 4.

Or that they were doing the 2005 a second time around.

FJR1400, Maybe, https://moto-station.com/moto-revue/nouveautes-moto/bientot-une-yamaha-fjr-1400/214792

It's French so translation hard to decipher.
smile.png

Perhaps they are discontinuing the FJR?
Or perhaps they take a year off to burn off some NOS inventory and to gauge the 'strength of the market'.

Perhaps they are discontinuing the FJR?
Or perhaps they take a year off to burn off some NOS inventory and to gauge the 'strength of the market'.
I don't think either of those are likely. The FJR, while not a huge seller, is kind of a prestige model. Given the modest investments they've made to keep it current, I suspect it's profitable enough to continue. And as not a monstrous seller (like the R1 and R6 probably were during the sportbike boom) I imagine they produce what they can sell. Dealers don't tend to overstock these "big girls."

Status
Not open for further replies.