2nd annual LeMay Museum Vintage Motorcycle Festival

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
2013 Vintage Motorcycle Festival Brings Two-wheel Passion to America’s Car Museum Second annual vintage bike show runs August 24-25 on museum’s Haub Family Field

Dec 4, 2012

Contact: PCGCampbell – Dan Smith (424) 903-3654 ([email protected])

• WHAT: 2nd Annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival
  • WHEN: August 24-25, 2013 (Show Saturday; Ride Sunday)
  • WHERE: LeMay – America’s Car Museum, 2702 East D Street, Tacoma, WA 98421

TACOMA, Wash. (Dec. 4, 2012) – Classic motorcycles, some dating as far back as 1912, will return to Tacoma for the second annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival at LeMay – America’s Car Museum (ACM) August 24-25, 2013.

The Vintage Motorcycle Festival is one of the signature events at the 165,000 square-foot Tacoma museum and will feature motorcycles from many famous makers including BMW, Ducati, Triumph, Honda, Norton, Kawasaki, Harley-Davidson, BSA, Indian, Vespa and many Italian marques from bygone eras.

“Last year’s event was a great success, and we’re planning to build on that momentum with an even bigger show this year and beyond,” said David Madeira, ACM president and CEO. “America loves motorcycles, and we want the Vintage Motorcycle Festival to be the top bike weekend in the Pacific Northwest, drawing passionate motorcycle fans and aficionados from all over the region. Last year we had several entrants from across the border in British Columbia and a slew from Oregon. We are looking forward to seeing our friends from Idaho, California and beyond join us next August.”

The inaugural event in 2012 attracted more than 200 motorcycles and 2,000 enthusiasts to ACM’s Haub Family Field. Best of Show was won by a 1963 Norton Atlas owned by Ron Rumbolz of Fife, Wash., which is now on display at the museum.

Like last year, the 2013 Vintage Motorcycle Festival’s main event will be on Saturday and will include judged classes and awards, a swap meet, motorcycle demonstrations, panel discussions and live music at ACM. On Sunday, a scenic motorcycle ride launches from the Museum’s plaza and will travel along spectacular Pacific Northwest highways and byways.

Discounted registration is available for motorcycles signing up from March 1 to May 15, 2013. To register a motorcycle for the Vintage Motorcycle Festival, contact Show Chairman Burt Richmond at [email protected].

Booked into the Travelodge, 3518 Pacific Hwy East, Fri thru Mon.Maybe see ya'll at the show?

Al.
Al,

Great seeing you today, lots of great bikes and cars.
punk.gif

Al, tried to tack ya down and take you to GP Suspension with us but lost you in the crowd.

No camera today, but trust me on this, but there were some awesome bikes.

Thought I was going to have pry Jay H away from a very clean Yamaha [R5] RD350. You know the story, he had one the same year and color.

This was an excellent show.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Dave, nice to see you and Marcus again + the other guys (I should carry a pencil and paper for names
smile.png
).

I took a gazillion pictures, will have to post up as a ride report.

What made the whole trip special for me was meeting a Rumi 125 I lusted after during my youth in the UK. Unlike me, she has worn well and is as sexy as I remember her.

Tacoma2013040.jpg

Tacoma2013041.jpg

Al.

I hear the show sucked, the t-shirts were lousy, the weather was terrible and the people were belligerent...

Sorry I missed it... :D

Latest posts