Adding another bike to my signature line

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Foley

Reaction score
After lurking on the K1600Forum for the last 2 years I finally pulled the trigger. I bought a new 2014 K1600 GTL Exclusive from BMW of North Dallas.

Good deal, easy transaction and great people to work with - I highly recommend them. Thanks to Top_Speed1 (KJ) for his excellent advice during the long search - he steered me away from the rocks!

The FJR is staying put - too great a bike to not keep it. It'll just have some company now!

A couple of pics. The dealership is undergoing major construction so the bikes are stacked in like cord-wood ATM. The best I could do.

WP_20141126_13_34_11_Pro_zps6242e30c.jpg

WP_20141126_13_43_12_Pro_zps577fa470.jpg

Due to a crazy holiday schedule (mine and the dealerships) I won't be bringing the bike to the house until next Tuesday. I'll have to make do with poring over the manuals until then.

Wishing you good luck and low maintenance hassle with your new machine my good man....

Shes a bute !!! I'd love to put a GT in my garage - but I'm so thrilled with the new 15 FJR, I'm not feeling the need....

Def have every intention of renting a GT on vacation when the opportunity presents itself......

Wishing you good luck and low maintenance hassle with your new machine my good man....
+1 on that!

It seems like BMW has really begun to get the kinks worked out since the initial release in 2011. Really hit and miss on the early stuff - some guys with 2011 pre-orders no issues at all - some with all kinds of problems. Time will tell....