Adjustable Fairing???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Yer 2005 no gots it. Neither does my 2003.

But our bikes are easier to remove the plastic if you wanna do real work or serious farkling. If you need a silver lining for your cloud.

You don't need a tool to adjust the fairing on the FJR, just use a penny

A penny? Why use a penny when you could spend 1740 times as much for this tool? :)
Tool for tools. Spend 1740 times as much, to make an adjustment thats widely regarded as having absolutely no affect at all.

I'm gonna corner the market on stackable seat shims..Of course, you'll also need to buy the special alignment tool for it. I'll be rich! rich as Nazi's!

Nice link to the Touratech products. I didn't know they had branched out to 'other' bikes ;) . I see they have a sidestand enlargement plate Clicky. I believe someone here was going to make one available, but never got around to it. I think I'll stop by their place & check it out. Thanks

I've carried one of these in my pocket for 44 years since moving to Alaska...never had a need for a driver bit or can opener when caught in a pinch. A P38 plus a 4" Crescent wrench, Swiss Army knife, Bic lighter, and a couple of Quarters will get you through most predicaments and home safely.

Gary in Fairbanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice link to the Touratech products. I didn't know they had branched out to 'other' bikes ;) . I see they have a sidestand enlargement plate Clicky. I believe someone here was going to make one available, but never got around to it. I think I'll stop by their place & check it out. Thanks
OK, prepare for a rant. Why does a kickstand plate have to cost 62 bucks? It's what pisses me off about the whole world of motorcycle farkles. Limited demand, so everything costs a ton. I think anybody with a grinder and a drill could make a pretty functional equivalent with scraps in their garage. That $17 screwdriver/key dealie is just another example. Rant's over. Thanks for listening.

OK, prepare for a rant. Why does a kickstand plate have to cost 62 bucks? It's what pisses me off about the whole world of motorcycle farkles. Limited demand, so everything costs a ton. I think anybody with a grinder and a drill could make a pretty functional equivalent with scraps in their garage. That $17 screwdriver/key dealie is just another example. Rant's over. Thanks for listening.
Gunny

That's the main reason I make my own stuff.

I was going to say something about how proud they were of their product, but I didn't want to get warned for stepping over the PC line :lol:

Oh, and it could be worse, find the parts that say "marine" on them :wacko:

I've carried one of these in my pocket for 44 years since moving to Alaska...never had a need for a driver bit or can opener when caught in a pinch. A P38 plus a 4" Crescent wrench, Swiss Army knife, Bic lighter, and a couple of Quarters will get you through most predicaments and home safely.
Gary in Fairbanks
... you forgot the roll of "100 MPH tape"! :rolleyes:

NOW you're set!

Don

Yep. Yer 2005 no gots it. Neither does my 2003.
But our bikes are easier to remove the plastic if you wanna do real work or serious farkling. If you need a silver lining for your cloud.

I gotta disagree there. My '08 plastic is definitely easier to remove and re-install than the '04 model. Panels A-D are a simple deal now compared to the '04. <_<

A penny? Why use a penny when you could spend 1740 times as much for this tool? :)
Tool for tools. Spend 1740 times as much, to make an adjustment thats widely regarded as having absolutely no affect at all.
I agree that this tool has only one good purpose; making money for the seller. But don't knock the adjustment until you've tried it! I can tell you that on those 22 degree (that's fahrenheit for you Canucks) mornings, it's noticeably warmer on my legs with the fairings out because they block the arctic blast somewhat. I suspect the "widely regarded no affect" must be from weanies that park their bikes all winter and have only tried the fairings when the temps dipped to an almost unbearable 45 degrees. :rolleyes: Probably one of those Kalifornia guys! :p

I was just looking through the current Touratech catalog for my dual purpose Beemer, and noticed the new streetline stuff for full street bikes, including FJR's. Of the many things for FJR, is this tool https://www.streetline-usa.com/shop/show.la...349D4whn2789CC2 for adjusting the fairing. So, is the adjustement capability just on Gen 2 bikes??

Steve
I bought one for just under $12000 and they threw in a '08A!

Seriously, my '08 was delivered with a little T shaped tool that hooks on a key ring. It may be for other things on the '08 but it works for that fairing adjustment. I recently went with an old fashioned key holder. The leather type that holds about 8 keys and snaps shut. I can now keep ig key, T-tool, small swiss army knife, house key, padlock key for helmet lock up, all together. And with the weight and in the key case they don't blow around, they just lay there. Had it around the house and hadn't used it in 20 years so it was essentially free.