Adventure along the Columbia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DABRIT

Reaction score
While the most of the PNW crew were gainfully occupying themselves at the Tech day we slipped out and put some miles on the BMW GS Adventure.

So here goes a different format for the ride report, (they are PDF's stored on google docs. Select single page icon on the right, zoom to your preference and scroll through. These are fairly picture heavy so may take some time to load :rolleyes: .)

Ride report day 1

Ride report day 2

Hope the links work !! :unsure: and that you enjoy our first ride report

DB

OK, a couple of things spring to mind...

1 - great use of PDFs - awesome way to manage ride reports, IMO.

2 - the ride report itself was great - entertaining, great balance of images and text - nice work

3 - I gotta map that route and go ride!!!

4 - you're British...?!

Thanks much to you both for sharing - easily worth having to deal with the Bring My Wallet sightings... ;) (Which, I enjoy, btw...)

Great job Chris. Excellent pics and RR! Sounds as though you're both adjusting to the GSA quite nicely. ;)

Recognized quite a few pics of the canyons leading up to Bickleton. Some great riding down that way. Did y'all go up SR142, Klickitat Canyon? Looks like a couple pics coming out the top. If so, you've found one of my favorite roads...lots of sweepers! :clapping:

Going to check out Google docs now...

--G

Sportsguy thanks very much for the kind comments.

I thought about PDF format for a while, but never had too much of a decent ride to share. It enables us to format the RR the way we like.

Hey you better get used to the Bring My Wallet, it's a keeper ...

If you want a Garmin route/file no problem.

George

Thanks,

Well it was our first RR so had to try and make it interesting, after the first day I thought it could not get any better, but I was so wrong the run from Hoodsport to Bickleton was some of the best riding I have done in my life !,it had everything U bends to (too)fast sweepers. We both really loved the road.I am reliably informed yes it was SR142.

I have to give all the credit for the route planning to Di, she is a master at this stuff.

DB

Great Ride Report DB und Di, Viel Danke Meine Freunde! I've used my short wave radio in the basement of mein BMW Motorrad basement Command Center to forward your RR on to Hans und Dieter en Bayerischen Motoren Werke Zentral in Berlin. Hans und Dieter were highly impressed! Expect an Iron Cross in your mailbox soon!

Auf Wiedersehen, Schatzie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have you two been? Seems like we had planned to dine together and discuss riding options in...the world. Nice report and I will have to mull the use of that format. Let's try and get together in the summer.

Great Ride Report DB und Di, Viel Danke Meine Freunde! I've used my short wave radio in the basement of mein BMW Motorrad basement Command Center to forward your RR on to Hans und Dieter en Bayerischen Motoren Werke Zentral in Berlin. Hans und Dieter were highly impressed! Expect an Iron Cross in your mailbox soon! Auf Wiedersehen, Schatzie!
Danke Don

Coming from a BMW aficionado such as yourself that is praise indeed :blush: .Hopefully we are going to get this beast down your way sometime, so that we can sample some of the great scenery down there.

Where have you two been? Seems like we had planned to dine together and discuss riding options in...the world. Nice report and I will have to mull the use of that format. Let's try and get together in the summer.
We have been around, but we don't get here much anymore, between time at our cabin and riding, time seems to go by so quickly. Yeah I remember us discussing this, and lets get together and have a chat that would be really great. To be honest now that the GSA is in the garage it has superseded the FJR as our touring bike, I think we will be around even less, lots of great roads and trails to be explored, so little time to do it!. :rockwoot:

Thank you to those who took time to look at the report and comment on it.

See you on the road, stay safe.

DB