Ainsworth Hot Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on making a run to Ainsworth Hot Springs on Friday of the NAFO gathering... after a week on the road to get up there, I think I'll be ready for a good soak! If anyone would like to join me, please feel free to join in the fun! If there seems to be a lot of interest, I can call and make a reservation. B)

In so far:

Tyler

Donna

beemedons + Seth

dcarver

barb (outside!)

Al/kamal

Rick/rickcorwn

Rogdeb

Joe / MCML

https://www.hotnaturally.com/

Since there are still no organized rides up on the NAFO Rally page and Seth/DaddyDon will be rolling out of Zonieland in three days time, do you Hosers have any interest in riding out to Ainsworth Hot Springs with Stanley Boys eh?

Last month I saw Miss Tyler talk this up, but then I didn't see it go anywhere. At Nakusp in 2009 Son Seth and I rode to the British Columbia Hot Springs about 60 kilometers away and we had a fun day of it, great swimming/soaking, arcade games and good food.

map.gif

Rates and Hours. NOTE: Only 90 kilometers from Castlegar.

Hot Springs Public Hours – 10am until 9:30pm, 365 days/year.

Single Entry

Adult - $11.00 - Mary Ellen

Senior - $10.00 - Papa Chuy Viejo

Student - $10.00 - "beetle" Seth

Child (3 to 12 yrs) - $9.00 - dcarver

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tyler.

Add another senior :)

Funny, I've been down Hwy 31 (Kaslo to Nelson) many times but never stopped in at Ainsworth.

Al.

I cant do the caves ....... Claustrophobic

Radium isnt far :)

I hear ya on the meds Ray. I couldnt do an MRI tube.

When camping I have to leave the tent door open so I can see a horizon in the middle of the night or I FREAK

barb, on 14 June 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I cant do the caves ....... Claustrophobic

Radium isnt far

I know how you feel. Had a MRI on my neck yesterday and it took some really good drugs to get me in that machine.

I hear ya on the meds Ray. I couldnt do an MRI tube.

When camping I have to leave the tent door open so I can see a horizon in the middle of the night or I FREAK
Oh for Petey's sake you two big sniveling crybabies, just let me tell you what Claustrophobic is! Claustrophobia is sleeping with johnny80s in a pup tent at the Cambria Beach Park on puppychow/Tyler's NorCal Big Sur River Inn Ride! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

100_0922.jpg

Now, that's Claustrophobic!

DSC8535-XL.jpg

In Canada there is a little known law

NO clothing permitted in natural hot springs ( or, hot tubs)

I'm in (and easy), too.

It'll be nice to get back to Ainsworth. Went there on my way to WFO 3 in Moscow, ID in '04 (routed via Jasper, Alberta.

IIRC, there wernt any nekkid wimmenz in the pools back then and I surely would have noticed. Hopefully, Barb is correct about the current laws.

A hot soak sounds great!! Sorry to say though even in modest swimming attire I may drive nekkedness far far away.

If it's in the afternoon I may stop in on my way back from my ride I will be comming back past the Hot Springs, what time of the day were you guys planning to go?