Air Wings Cancelled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so. I have the wings mounted on the brackets, on the outside edge. They work fine there.
Here is a picture of the brackets...I don't have the wings

100_4417.jpg

100_4415.jpg

The Hellas were originally on top, like yours. I moved them to an underslung mount, and just drilled holes for the wings and mounted them on top. I'll take pics soon and repost them.

Thanks to all who worked on this project. I, too, am dissapointed but I can appreciate the economics not working out. I'm a player if this deal ever gets resurrected.

I was a waiter. Can't you make 46 of the mirror mounts for the stock FJR? It would seen that this is the most common setup and once you post a pic of the finished bracket, I BET you could get 50 stock FJR mirror orders no problem. I was really looking forward to these with summer approaching, I just found the prototype brackets UGLY, even though they proved to work. Please let me know if you change your mind. Thanks, great ideal.....VT

I was a waiter. Can't you make 46 of the mirror mounts for the stock FJR? It would seen that this is the most common setup and once you post a pic of the finished bracket, I BET you could get 50 stock FJR mirror orders no problem. I was really looking forward to these with summer approaching, I just found the prototype brackets UGLY, even though they proved to work. Please let me know if you change your mind. Thanks, great ideal.....VT
+1

How about just setting the price where it needs to be to cover the expense of making the ones that are spoken for. I too wanted some of these and would be willing to pay more money to get them rather than just not being able to get them at all :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am, er, was a waiter. Sorry that you guys spent so much effort on this with no return. Thanks for trying.

I too am very disappointed that this did not go through. Guess the Concours is in my future as I can't handle this blast furnace much longer. I too would be willing to pay a premium for this air wing assuming it would be less than a Concours? What would it take to get this back on track assuming everyone is willing to pay what it takes to get these into production?

I just finished installing air wings on my '04 using Radman's method. I don't know how much it might have cost for the stem-mounted wings, but the total cost for me was about $95 (well-spent) dollars:

Garauld's brackets $35; Baker Air Wings $58; Stainless bolts, etc $2

The Hellas were originally on top, like yours. I moved them to an underslung mount, and just drilled holes for the wings and mounted them on top. I'll take pics soon and repost them.
I was impressed by your air-wing setup that you showed at CFO last fall radman. Although I don't do many farkles...I just might do that mod...

Any piccies yet for the forum members?

I just finished installing air wings on my '04 using Radman's method. I don't know how much it might have cost for the stem-mounted wings, but the total cost for me was about $95 (well-spent) dollars:
Pictures Please :rolleyes:

Maybe someone could gather these parts and make the "kits" and instructions to us on this forum who want the Wings? I'd pay $125 to $150 for them

Tom

For those of you who haven't seen Radman's setup, here's what it looks like, complete with factory dust, but without the lights, which is what the brackets were originally designed for. Installation took about 30 minutes, 25 to remove and replace the plastic, and 5 to install the brackets and mirrors.

PICT0097.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

Kilroy -- just so it's in one place, would you list which air wings you bought and what kind of hardware you used to attach? I just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Here's a link to the air wings I used (color was light smoke). I think you can use model number H18HW or H15HW. They come with mounting hardware but I only used the washers, then I bought two stainless allen-head 1/4 x 3/4" bolts and locknuts from Home Depot. Garauld's brackets use existing hardware for mounting.

https://tinyurl.com/2oefto