Air Wings Cancelled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
Due to lack of demand the air wing project has been cancelled. Sorry, we just couldn't make it to the minimums.

Due to lack of demand the air wing project has been cancelled. Sorry, we just couldn't make it to the minimums.
AIEEEEeeeee... Really? I thought this was a GREAT farkle! I've been anxious for this one.

Sigh...

Thanks a ton for all your work. And if interest picks up again, please count me in. This was my only "must have" this season.

That sucks... what were your minimums?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this is partly my fault, Guys. I was waiting for some pictures of the Baker built prototype...specifically designed for the FJR...before I would commit.

Well, looks like a call to Garuald or FJR Goodies and then a trip to my local Honda dealer.

Nice farkle and good try. I, for one, appreciate all your creativity and work on this.

Kept wait for something to come up on this. I thought there was lots of interest. Too bad, this was a great idea and was looking forward to buying.

Bill

I too asked for a picture of the plans before committing. Heck, I even saw a pic of my wife before we got married.

Perhaps you could throw to project to another of use to try to follow up? I don't know that they have to be clear plastic, as we don't look through them. Was it the brackets or plastic or what?

I know it is alot of thankless work for a group buy, but this one has so much promise.

Thank you for your efforts either way.

Perhaps PM me or pick another stooge.

Bruce

The mounts required a significant amount of machining and setup. To cover that cost we needed a minimum of 50 of each type of mount to build them. I only had 46 firm commitments total for all mount types, FJR, FZ1 and driving light mounted. :(

Bummer. I already have the wings and I'm just looking for a decent way to mount them. Anyone have any pics of mounting systems that I could (attempt to) duplicate?

Call Skyway to the rescue!
He was already part of the deal, as the bracket machinist. And probably part of the reason why it didn't fly, as his costs were most likely dependent on volume, like any manufacturing concern.

Bummer. I already have the wings and I'm just looking for a decent way to mount them. Anyone have any pics of mounting systems that I could (attempt to) duplicate?
Depends. Do you have Garaulds aux light brackets?

I think so. I have the wings mounted on the brackets, on the outside edge. They work fine there.

That's what I thought. You had the lights on the bottom at first and then moved them to the top, or some such? I think I'll have to look into getting a set of those and mounting them as you did.

I think so. I have the wings mounted on the brackets, on the outside edge. They work fine there.
Do you have any pictures you can post???
+1. Rad, you're our hope now. Can you show us that setup?

EDIT: Checked the old wings thread where you had posted photos before, but the links say the page no longer exists.

AIEEEEeeeee... Really? I thought this was a GREAT farkle! I've been anxious for this one.

Sigh...

Thanks a ton for all your work. And if interest picks up again, please count me in. This was my only "must have" this season.
What Squeezer said. If you or anybody else decides to run with this later on I'M IN!

Tom