• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Airhawk Seat Pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalrk

Reaction score
Lookin to get a deal on a AirHawk seatpad that fits the FJR.

[Got one on Ebay]

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Hold out until I get my custom seat. Should be in the next couple months. It's been good, but I want to go to the next level. Probably will sell for $100. It's less than a year old.

2) Cruisercustomizing.com. There's an FJR owner over there and they price matched the best price from another site I had Googled and think it was about $165 plus shipping.

For about $10 you can get an bun-saver air pad from Wal-Mart or any sporting goods store.

By the way, I used my sister's Airhawk for a 200 mile ride and could not see a $150 difference between it and my $10 bun-saver.

"For about $10 you can get an bun-saver air pad from Wal-Mart or any sporting goods store."

Does the 'bunsaver' have multiple air pockets like the Airhawk or is it a single bladder of air? Is it contoured at all?

Single bladder of air. It is not the Air Hawk and is not an Air Hawk copy. However and for me, there simply was not $150 difference between the single bladder Bunsaver and the multi-bladder Air Hawk after I tried them both.

Again and only to me, $160+ is getting awfully close to the cost of a new seat. If you going to spend that kind of money, may as well just do the right thing and get a different seat.

Now, I have also tried both the Corbin Close and Canyon and like both. I will, however, hold out for a new Russell or (now) for the 2006. Seat is different.

Still, for $10...try the bunsaver.

So what department in Wal Mart does one look for the "bun saver", sporting Goods?

The Walmart by me aint got'em either. I ended up ordering one from my online gun ammo/accessories site-- CheaperThanDirt.com. It was 8.95 +5.99 ship for a total of $14.94. I did a 300mi ride in 90ish temps on it(with bicycle shorts) and it is definitely an improvement but I still got monkeybutt due to I sweat alot down there. I know, TMI :bigeyes: I just got a deal on a used Airhawk(will wash on arrival!) on Ebay and will post when I give it a test run. I expect it to breathe better due to cell construction and venting. I don't want to get a custom seat because I actually like the stock ergos for me and I'm not able to do LDR rides anytime soon. I do day rides between 250-500 mi's and get monkeybutt at about the 200 mi mark. :angry: I would probably have the same problem on any seat because of the sweat factor. I'm hoping the Airhawk will help.

The Bunsaver also works great for my worn out desk chair so it won't end up being a waste of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts