Airhawk Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I finally got to get out for a nice long ride with the Airhawk and all I can say is it really works. I must have it inflated just right since I did alot of twisty roads and I didn't ever feel like I was going to fall off the bike. It is a different feeling sitting on the Airhawk but if this is what is takes to be comfortable on a long ride then it is worth it. I also bought another one for my wife and she will be test riding it next weekend when we go to the beach for our wedding anniversary. I'm sure she will benefit from it just like myself.

Sweet! I'll be testing mine on Saturday and my wife will test hers the following weekend. Fingers crossed!

be careful. I had an Arihawk that developed a leak. Called the company. Can you repair it? No! Can I get a credit on a new one? No! So much for customer support. Threw it in the trash.

In the end I returned them both. They were comfortable and would have been enough for 300 mile days but I want a happy butt on 600+ mile days.

be careful. I had an Arihawk that developed a leak. Called the company. Can you repair it? No! Can I get a credit on a new one? No! So much for customer support. Threw it in the trash.
Good to know, if mine ships the bed I will toss and forget I guess.

Good to know, if mine ships the bed I will toss and forget I guess.
It really depends on where the hole/leak is. If it's not on a seam, you can easily repair it with a standard bicycle inner tube patch kit.

DAMHIK

-MD

From what I've read, I understand that the Airhawk is repairable but the Airhawk 2 is not. Disclaimer: I don't know, lol. That's only the impression I'm under from what I've read.

From what I've read, I understand that the Airhawk is repairable but the Airhawk 2 is not. Disclaimer: I don't know, lol. That's only the impression I'm under from what I've read.
According to their website both are repairable.

https://www.airhawk.net/whats-the-difference.aspx

Like I said, it really just depends on where the leak/puncture is. It's just a fancy air bladder. I know of guys who have used 8" Wheel barrow inner-tubes inside the airhawk case after they busted the airhawk bladder.

I have seen them split at the seams, that to me seems unrepairable, but a simple hole or tear is manageable.

YMMV

-MD

I've had an Airhawk on my F650GS for the last couple of years and it has worked great. I usually ride standing up off road and the straps have not broken. It has a three year warranty on the cushion and a six month warranty of the cushion cover. It is repairable, except in a tight seam.

I just got one for the FJR and the one that fits the seat perfectly is the Large Pillion (14 x 11).

https://www.therohostore.com/Products/AIRHAWK-Seat-Cushion---Large-Cruiser-Pillion-Seating-System-wCover__CRUISERPILLIONL.aspx