AMA Interview

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really agree with or against anything said as there is not enough meat to sink your teeth into. I heard some reasonable points but came away without any clues as to the overall vision. It is very easy to shoot at existing faults during the first year as they are perceived as the property of others and you are held up as having a dispassionate eye that sees through the mire. The second year , however, those existing faults that you have honed your marksmanship on becomes not a target but a mirror.

Can't really agree with or against anything said as there is not enough meat to sink your teeth into.

Have to agree with you there. Lots of words flyin but not much said. He (Dingman) sure knows how to clean house though.

After reading the non-answers...just because he's talking doesn't mean he's communicating...I hope he is better at explaining his vision to those under him who are supposed to act on his "vision".

2 things spring to the forefront of my thought process:

1.)Dues will raise to cover the cost (operating at a loss) of the magazine, or there will be a separate subscription.

2.) Racing: They want to determine class structure and rules but not take the risk of their decisions not being a saleable product. (I'm thinking the mess: overlap in classes at the Dayton fiasco) It sounds like he wants to pass the financial risk onto the promoters and blame them for any failure.

I'd much prefer him to clearly delineate his "vision". Continued changes for the sake of change will see the membership move on and support other organizations who might be more narrow in focus. (Protecting off road riding areas, racing, legislative lobby for motorcyclists rights, etc.)