Americade?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zip

Reaction score
I've heard that Americade can be a good time, if only for the demo rides and shopping. Anyone going? Anyone been and care to share a review?

I'm still planning to do a couple of Forum rides this summer: Clam Chowder and Whites & Greens. I'm probably maxing my spousal tolerance with that much time away.

I'm probably maxing my spousal tolerance with that much time away.
Does that mean she tolerates you better the more you're away ? ;)

I have friends who go to Americaide every year - or most years - and really enjoy it.

Not my cuppa

Attended Americade many, many times over the years. One of the best organized rally's bar none. Also, you will see an impressive amount of venders....take good rain gear and lots of $$$...

Went for the past three years, 95% Harley & Trike. But you have to go at least once, very well organise, it s amazing how many bikes there is in town,

Do not expect to find something for the FJR there, beside Corbin seats & a few trailer manufacturer.

Not going this yeat

I've gone every year since Aspencade ['82?] for one day just to dig the scene. Good food, lots of junk to buy, every kind of bike to see if you stroll the parking lots. A few pretty girls..shoot over to the Greens in Vt. for a nice ride back..

I went once with my daughters just for the day. It was fun, probably because I had the girls with me. The section in town is basically a big flea market, all about shopping; and the ranch, a few miles out of town, is where they offer demo rides. You have to get there early to sign up for a demo.

Once was enough for me.

I went once with my daughters just for the day. It was fun, probably because I had the girls with me. The section in town is basically a big flea market, all about shopping; and the ranch, a few miles out of town, is where they offer demo rides. You have to get there early to sign up for a demo.
Once was enough for me.
I went last year. It went way down hill. It used to be all touring bikes

but now its really Harleycade :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
bang a few shots, then idle ur hog out of town for a short wide-open sprint up the lake after 11.

Kawa demos.

Laconia. with 50 times more cops.

Once was enough for me.
I went last year. It went way down hill. It used to be all touring bikes

but now its really Harleycade :angry2:
I didn't go last year, but heard that the state of the economy really affected the event. I am going up this year Wed thru Sun. It's a must do at least once. Previous comments on the organization are dead on. Very well run. We do one of the tours one day, and spend one day at the Expo. The rest of the time is spent touring on our own.

Stay outside of town to avoid the noise and prepare to spend some major lodging $$$. We stay at Lake George Escape in one of their log cabins. Nice campground about 6 miles north of LG.

I think that the Harley thing is largely due to Laconia bike week, which is the following week. Americade is trying to crack down hard on excessive noise.

It seems to me that the Goldwing is the predominent bike.

As with anything there are a few bad apples but , overall it's a very family oriented event.

I will be up there since I have some left over vacation from last year I need to use. Going up tues- sunday and staying a few miles out of town. Good to check out different bikes and maybe find some stuff from all the vendors, but for me the best is being off long island and able to ride in the mountains for the week. I am actually meeting friends up there tuesday but leaving the sat before and may do a big loop through NH/VT before heading over there.

MEM, I'm still more welcome at home than I am to be away... I'm away right now too much as it is!

You guys have really got me thinking.... I've actually got a free room now booked (one of the few perks of being a business traveler) for Monday-Wednesday at the Hampton Inn, which appears to be slightly out of downtown. Not ideal, but it's not directly downtown.

But not really digging a huge Harley scene. Still kind of intrigued by the demo rides and tours, though not planning to buy much. But fundamentally dislike overly loud, inconsiderate bikes and their riders.

At this moment, sort of on the fence. (And perhaps saving the away-days goodwill with Mrs. Zip for being away at other times!)

MEM, I'm still more welcome at home than I am to be away... I'm away right now too much as it is!
You guys have really got me thinking.... I've actually got a free room now booked (one of the few perks of being a business traveler) for Monday-Wednesday at the Hampton Inn, which appears to be slightly out of downtown. Not ideal, but it's not directly downtown.

But not really digging a huge Harley scene. Still kind of intrigued by the demo rides and tours, though not planning to buy much. But fundamentally dislike overly loud, inconsiderate bikes and their riders.

At this moment, sort of on the fence. (And perhaps saving the away-days goodwill with Mrs. Zip for being away at other times!)

I would not worry about the Harley or crowd things, Spend a day riding the demos so you can ride the bikes you may have been interested and wanted to ride but may not want to buy, check out the vendors and spend the rest of the time riding in the mountains. I am riding with a mixed crowd, a BMW, FJR, Harley, and one that has too many bikes to decide at this point. We did sign up for 2 of the tours, which should be fun.

I used to go for several days at a time and it was great. You can sign up for demo rides and take them a few days later, but signing up early is advised. In recent years I would meet up with snikr and some friends in Rutland for the ride over. They will sell you a one day ticket for ONLY the Tour Expo (vendors) for what was $15.00. You can see it all in about 5 hours and then make a break for home. Snikr, are we going this year?