Americade?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinden

Reaction score
I have never been to this event but might go this year.

I would be interested to here people's impressions of it and also get a rough idea the number and types of vendors that attend.

Americade is fun to attend. It's only about an hour from where I live so I usually head over on Friday (at least some of us from where I work are planning on going over Friday). LOADS of vendors and they have them in two places cause there are so many. Don't know what else you'd like to know but let me know and I'll try to answer your questions. Hit me off the board if you'd like.

Tom

Thanks for the info.

I am about 5 hours away up here.

I was wondering if the manufacturers are the, such a (of course) Yamaha?

Regards

Shinden,

I have been to Americade twice and had a great time. I would suggest making motel reservations ASAP because even by this date most of the motels in town will be filled. There are great roads to ride, plenty of vendors, everyone is freindly and there is plenty to do. You can have a lot of the farkles put on your bike by the vendors when you buy them. I had fog lights and a windshield installed on my goldwing the last time I was there and a rear tire the time before. You can't beat that deal. The main activity at night is to get an ice cream cone in town, find a place to sit and watch the countless parade of bike that go thru downtown. There are guided tours during the day and dinner boat cruises at night. Personally, I liked the dinner boat cruise, but would not touch a guided tour with a ten foot pole. Mostly because we like to go at our own pace and most of these go to slow for us. To each their own I guess. If your only 5 hours away I'd go in a heartbeat. We are 9 hours away and we get tempted to go each year. Well worth it!!! :D

OHFJR

Thanks for the info.

We have accomodation offered there already, if we want to go; sounds like that is a good thing.

Americade is great! I have been going every year for the last 14 years. When I started going the attendance was about 25,000. Now its up to about 65,000! Its a great place to have a rally because if you don't want to do all the bike activities, the area has alot of other things to do. All of the major manufacturers are there to demo the latest bikes. Alot of vendors selling not only Gold Wing specific products. By now you probably won't get a motel close to town as most people reserve a room for the following year when they check out of their hotel. The people are all very friendly. Its not a harley crowd like lets say Laconia in NH.

I would not take the guided tours as I did one year and did not have such a great time. I take the unguided tours so I can go at my pace but still have a great lunch with other bikers.

Hope this helps.

Not exactly what you asked about, but I really enjoy the riding around Lake George. In town there is the normal crowding and lines of bikes, but if you go outside of town you can get in some rides in the Adirondacks without a huge amount of traffic. I usually take a trip up to whiteface mountain, Lake Placid, and Burlington. If you go to Burlington you can take the ferry, which is also a nice ride. The Ben and Jerry's factory is near Burlington, so there is a nice sidetrip. Anyways, if you plan on spending some time there is plenty to do. BTW you are lucky with the lodging, we normally book a year in advance.