Any Else Not Impressed With New FJR Preview?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't unimpressed at all. It's obvious they've made some serious engineering refinements. My most serious concern would be the amount of available space in the nose for farkling.

Not that it was luxurious on the '05 and before, but you could run wires all over that nose and find pockets of space for HID gear and relays. With the vent under the dash--I doubt that's an option anymore.

The biggest plus I saw?

THERE'S AN INTEGRATED AIR TEMPERATURE GAUGE!

That's some smart thinkin' that is.

Also, the instead of 90 mph being at the 12 o'clock--it's 130. That's the way it should be :D

After seeing the pics I even *MORE* excited about getting the O6...

I can hardly wait for the 06 Farkle King to be announced..

The extra venting especially the cockpit vent loolks real good.
I agree. I think they've really addressed airflow, not just from the "heat" issue, but also the negative pressure behind the windscreen.

I'm still curious as to the longer swingarm. What's the problem this is solving (or what's the feature that this is enabling)?

I'm still curious as to the longer swingarm. What's the problem this is solving (or what's the feature that this is enabling)?
It's my understanding they were very prone to wheelstands at the Indy Nationals. This is an example of Yamaha's new QuickResponseTeam® to address known problems, a recent development at Yami USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought, could it be that the extra weight is because they are including the weight of the bags and in the past the bags were not considered in the weight because as with mine they came packaged seperately??
I thought I said that!

:p :bleh:

I find it hard to believe that that powerpoint presentation was given (to dealers, etc) and no mention of the "E" version was made.

I am betting that the "E" version is bullshit. I say this inclusive of the profile that the FJR targets in the presentation. If the "E" were coming, you would have seen the ellipse move over to the beginners' quadrants.

Let's face it, this would not be an easy modification to this existing platform. New ECU, actuators, revised transmission shift linkage, etc. Not only that, it just doesn't make sense. Yamaha is running a business, and they would not do this without a verifiable market. Why cross an apple with an orange - does anybody really want to eat an orapple or a appange!?!

It's just not going to happen. But, I will gladly ensure that my mouth accomodates my foot in a few hours if need be.

-BD

I am betting its a reality (the "E" version), and it will be cooooooool.

Not for everybody mind you, but cool none-the-less.

I was impressed with that power point slide. Looks like they gave their engineers FJRs for a month and then said "you go make better now!"

I like all of the changes I saw. I'd trade mine in tomorrow if my wilburs shock would swap and I could afford to do it in the first place. My 03 books for half of the msrp of 13,500. man that blows. Guess I better start playing the lottery.

I am betting its a reality (the "E" version), and it will be cooooooool.
Not for everybody mind you, but cool none-the-less.
Who's to say the "E" version is even an FJR, or uses the FJR naming convention.

Yamaha may just rollout a completely new motorcycle tomorrow unrelated to FJR.

Maybe yes, maybe no. If I am right, ask me how I knew.

XJRGUY

Added EOD 9/28/05 - Looks like I need a PowerCommander for my crystal ball. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
SS TOURING FANS

In our enthusiasm, we inadvertent- ly released more 2006 information on Sept 1 than had been planned based on a worldwide marketing agreement. Full information will be released at 9:00AM P.D.T. on Wed., Sept 28th.
9:00 A.M. PDT = noon EDT

Rad,

Longer swingarm and revised rates in the shock and spring would yield a much smoother ride. This theory is in place in many heavy luxury vehicles were a very long leaf spring is in place in the rear suspension. Would also extend the wheelbase of the FJR smoothing the ride even more...kind of like Wingin' it.

:erm:

Looks like all of the indicator and warning lights (neutral, oil, etc.) are now LED indicators located in the speedo. Also, the tach and speedo are now backlit with LEDs. Turn signal indicators are now LEDs above the speedo. No more burned out bulbs to replace!

I am betting that the "E" version is bullshit. .........

It's just not going to happen. But, I will gladly ensure that my mouth accomodates my foot in a few hours if need be.
Hee hee hee

Hope it tastes good!

:bleh:

@BD

Mmmm hhemmm uuhghgm mmfmrrm!!
-BD
Well, the AE version is REAL, and it isn't going to be blue :bleh:

As SkooterG said, hope it tastes good.

From the Yamaha Canada site.... https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/produc...group=M&LANG=en

BTW, $2000 CDN more than A model :angry:

Except for not using your foot to activate the electronic shifting, my information from a few weeks ago was on!!

John