Any Interest in a Stator Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimLor

Reaction score
I’ve been reading the stator threads here lately with some interest and decided I'd offer to run a group buy. I emailed the folks at ElectroSport this morning about the possibility of a group buy on the EGS 130 (FJR) stator. They replied that they’d be happy to work with me to do a group buy for the Forum. The first step before they can determine a price is to get an idea of how many folks would be interested.

So, if a reasonable price below the $179 list price is offered, how many of you are interested in participating in a group buy for the EGS 130 ElectroSport stator?

To reiterate – once I provide them the number of interested folks, they can give me a breakdown/we can negotiate on the cost.

I have never run a group buy (except for beer in a bay at Palma de Majorca tied up to another sailboat – I think we bought it, I don’t remember any blood! ) so would welcome any advice from folks who have – PM would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the cost was reasonably low, I'd be in. And you can bet I won't post up as to how I found it for $50 at Jim-Bobs Stator City either. I don't need one now, nor do I run heavy elecetricalally heavy loads, but from what I've seen, gonna need one someday, and better to have it and not need it etc etc....

If the cost was reasonably low, I'd be in. And you can bet I won't post up as to how I found it for $50 at Jim-Bobs Stator City either. I don't need one now, nor do I run heavy elecetricalally heavy loads, but from what I've seen, gonna need one someday, and better to have it and not need it etc etc....
+1

I don't need one now, nor do I run heavy elecetricalally heavy loads, but from what I've seen, gonna need one someday, and better to have it and not need it etc etc....
And THAT's EggZactly why I have one sitting in my garage from the last group buy. I do still need a gasket, though, so I suppose I'll be contacting University Motors with that as one of the many things I'll probably need for the Yamaha and the Honda as soon as I get motivated to do the scheduled spring '07 farkling on 'em both. Sure wold be nice if an appropriate Yamaha substitute connector could be located.

And you can bet I won't post up as to how I found it for $50 at Jim-Bobs Stator City either.
Wish all forum members had this much consideration & respect..... :huh:

Sure wold be nice if an appropriate Yamaha substitute connector could be located.
Until it is, the best course of action is to snip the old OEM connector off the wire harness well downstream of the R/R, and break out the soldering gun....

Im interested. I just installed a set of PIAA 1100x's. Would I benefit from a more powerful strator or do I need a few more plug in items to take advantage of one?

Thanks in advance.

Im interested. I just installed a set of PIAA 1100x's. Would I benefit from a more powerful strator or do I need a few more plug in items to take advantage of one?
Thanks in advance.
Red you have listed a 2006 bike in your profile. That is a GEN 2 bike. You cannot use this stator.

From my previous post I will modify it.

People with 2006 and 2007 FJRs should not participate in this GB unless you want a part you cannot use and don't need.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it should be more clear than my first post and Rogue's follow up.

...and I should have been more clear in my first post. "THIS IS FOR 03 - 05 FJRs" you know, the good ones!

Doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest so far. Another member PMed me where he found a great deal on the stator. I have no doubt at much less then ES can offer. I'll explore that and post again. Might be more interest at the price these folks can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.