anybody have nolan n-com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hellofaride

Reaction score
I believe that nolan has just or finally come out with the bluetooth built in headset

for their n-com helmet. If anybody has this setup & helmet, can you give us some input ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that nolan has just or finally come out with the bluetooth built in headsetfor their n-com helmet. If anybody has this setup & helmet, can you give us some input ?

I have the Black Cherry Nolan N102 N-Com helmet. It's a decent helmet, but the com system is seperate. Look at spending several hundred extra to get the setup running. Clickie I've noticed some leakage in the wet, and I've already had to replace the fog insert after the first week. I made the mistake of using Windex to clean it and the chemicals dammaged the fog insert. Now I just use an eyeglass cloth. Earplugs are almost required with the stock FJR shield as there is some buffiting. It does provide excellent cold weather protection, and is extremly hard to fog.

All in all its a good helmet YMMV

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that nolan has just or finally come out with the bluetooth built in headsetfor their n-com helmet. If anybody has this setup & helmet, can you give us some input ?
Wife and I have the full 102 blue tooth setup and have had the helmets for 10 months now and are a great unit . The bluetooth sets were finally delivered to australian distributor in late september 06. Initially we had a few hassles with the unit on my helmet, it would work well until it got below 5 deg Celsius then it would just switch off and would not switch back on till it was warmed up. This was hard to prove to the distributer initially but they ended up replacing it eventually. I'm on my second speaker / mike set for my helmet ( the left speakers keep failing). The units work well when all is said and done (albeit mono) with an effective range of 30 meters or so and I have a lot of fun at petrol stations when the missus goes inside to pay for fuel I sit waiting on the bike and talk dirty to her while she's trying to deal with the cash desk attendants but thats another story !!!!