• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone got a gen 2 stock seat they could part with for cheap?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerdog

Reaction score
Its been a while since i posted, i know. Im not a big computer guy. Im in a tight spot as my gf is out of work and between the bills and my kids i am paycheck to paycheck. My seat recently died. And i mean all the way died. I tried having it restitched at a local leather shop but then it just came apart again, so i was using glue for a while but it looked like shit then that failed too…... and i don't have NEAR the money for a new one. It was a corbin and it held up for 30k miles, two cross country trips and sitting outside in beaches air for 6 years or so no complaints about the seat it did its duty and served bravely till the end.

I aint looking for a handout i can swing like 100-150 bucks but thats stretching me thin. I just can't take not riding, plus with no seat the bike is currently parked in a friends garage to keep the underparts dry and i don't know how long that spot will be available.

Any help is appreciated. If anyone has a gen 2 stock seat just laying around i will pay you for it and sing at your funeral or whatever.

​Btw not that it matters or anything but i am the same guy that gave away his mint condition stock exhaust to a guy who needed new cans in the "pay it forward thread" i think it was like 2 or 3 years ago. I wouldn't ask for help if i didn't need it, I just can't afford 5 hundred on a new seat hell i really can't even afford 200.

edit. spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a suggestion but you can get a custom seat from Seth Laam under $300.000 for just the front seat.

SoCal I saw that listing but I didn't wanna be disrespectful offering him 150. That's literally as high as I can go. My 12 year old is eating everything in the house that the 5 year cant reach lol. I was just hoping someone around here had their old stock seat and I could throw them a hundred for it or something.

I will make an offer for the seat but I hope dude doesn't think im lowballing him or playing games. Im not like that.

Btw thanks for the replies guys, I knew I could at least find some help on here. I wish I was more of a contributor but I am just a boring old prison guard. Not really a talker per say. These forums have helped me on multiple occasions though and I have nothing but good things to say about the people on here.

I swear I saw a post recently where someone was selling their stock seat either on this board or the other FJR board but I can't find it. Maybe they already sold it? Sorry.

Sometimes fleabay has just the "driver" seat for 'round $100, but I don't see any. There are lots of seat covers for under $100 though.https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=650759573839&adpos=1t1&MT_ID=69&crlp=18587371219_2416792&device=c&geo_id=10232&keyword=fjr1300+seats&crdt=0&_nkw=fjr1300+seats&rt=nc How hard could it be to re-cover?

Good luck
Problem with covers is I believe he said the seat was a corbin.

Problem with getting a stock seat for $100- $150 is that not only is that a very low price, unless you have some sort of corporate shipping account, I'm guessing shipping will add another $70 bucks or so.

I've had good luck in the past finding a local upholstery shop that will recover a seat. Best deal and work was done by upholsterer who also rode motorcycles.

Rode a bike for a few weeks with an old pillow bungied to the frame while waiting for my seat to be recovered but I survived.

Sometimes fleabay has just the "driver" seat for 'round $100, but I don't see any. There are lots of seat covers for under $100 though.https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=650759573839&adpos=1t1&MT_ID=69&crlp=18587371219_2416792&device=c&geo_id=10232&keyword=fjr1300+seats&crdt=0&_nkw=fjr1300+seats&rt=nc How hard could it be to re-cover?

Good luck
Problem with covers is I believe he said the seat was a corbin.

Problem with getting a stock seat for $100- $150 is that not only is that a very low price, unless you have some sort of corporate shipping account, I'm guessing shipping will add another $70 bucks or so.

I've had good luck in the past finding a local upholstery shop that will recover a seat. Best deal and work was done by upholsterer who also rode motorcycles.

Rode a bike for a few weeks with an old pillow bungied to the frame while waiting for my seat to be recovered but I survived.
Gunny on local upholsterer search on "upholster motorcycle seats" Try calling a local upholster shop and ask who does mc seats in your area.

Contact Corbin in Ormond Beach and see what they can do for you. Might mean dropping it off and then picking it up later. Just a thought. PM me as I have another idea for you.

thanks for all the responses guys. FLFJRS pm sent.

Sorry about the slow response I sleep during the day and work nights at a jail.

edit. ZDad I was thinking about doing that. The guy that patched it for me sells leather motorcycle clothing but he wouldn't even patch the seat until I took the cover off the foam and took it to him. He was a really nice guy but I didn't know if him doing a seat cover for me would look hideous or be a waste of money and fall apart after a month or two.

And Stealth you got a good laugh outta me talking about riding with a pillow bungied to the frame. That shit seems like it would be mega painful. You are definitely more man than me. There are a lot of raised manhole covers in the road around where I live, where I guess the road sinks around the manhole cover and it sticks up.... I constantly dodge them near my house on wonderwood road going 85-90mph...... one of those bad boys at that speed with a pillow for a seat and id have a power commander for an ass implant hahaha...... "part man, part cyborg, part bloody underwear".

I guess I will keep hunting. I didn't realize it would be 70 to ship a seat somewhere??!! I guess im not exactly mister "current events" with shipping prices since my gf uses amazon for everything. Ill just try to keep saving or see if I can sell some stuff on craigslist to come up with some extra cash.

Dangerdog

Are Gen 2 and Gen 3 seats the same? I think they are.

I ordered a Corbin seat for my 2013. Corbin said it would be about four weeks till delivery. Once I get my Corbin I would make you a really good deal on my stock front seat if you could use it.

thanks for replies guys. I pmed the dude that had the stock'r for sale for 75 plus shipping.

Also, check this out for shits and giggles. Desperation apparently breeds innovation.

So theres a fabric store next to my gym and i went in and looked around, they didnt have any leather but they did have some marine grade vinyl for super cheap so i grabbed a couple decent size pieces. After calling a few different freinds i found one with a rivet driver (rivet gun?) and borrowed it. Went to hardware store and bought some 5mm medium size rivets and using the my cordless drill, made several extra holes for rivets, being careful not to screw the cushion up.

I used Gorilla Tape to reinforce the fabric around the rivets, i wasnt sure about how strong that vinyl would be and didnt want it to just rip apart when i sat on it. Then i double layered the whole thing. I knew it wouldnt be permanent but i figured it would last until i found a seat and low and behold one of you guys point me towards one just a few days later on here. Nice.

Here is my frankenstein job. Please dont laugh to hard this was my first time attempting anything like this.

35b9pg0.jpg

fcqn8m.jpg

2likk2f.jpg

All in all i think i spent like 20 bucks on recovering this one. I mean, its vinyl so no telling how long it would have lasted but its working till i can get a better one.

PM me.

PM Sent.

I'm willing to send the stock plain factory pair for the cost of shipping. I need the space more than I need the $$.

Let me know what you think. I can email pics, etc.

Bump for a great thread... I enjoyed reading this nearly as much as a good Peter Eagen story in cycle world.

Can't wait to read the end. Good luck.

PM me.
PM Sent.

I'm willing to send the stock plain factory pair for the cost of shipping. I need the space more than I need the $$.

Let me know what you think. I can email pics, etc.
pm sent, ill take this one too, f@ck it why not. Cant turn down the good deal.

Thanks for all the support guys, this forum is a hell of a resource to have. Best online community ive ever encountered. Not that im that many message boards or anything. If any of you guys ever need anything from me you can find me on facebook.com under Jacob S. out of Atlantic beach Fl.

Helzbelz.... i cant figure out if your being sarcastic or not.

Helzbelz.... i cant figure out if your being sarcastic or not.
I'm not. I do really need the space they're taking up. I have two other sets of seats. Russell Day Longs for the road-trips and the Yamaha "Touring" set for my daily commute (I bought used off the forum years ago).

I don't need three sets.

You need one good set.