Anyone used a Yamaha OEM Gel Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. It seems to take another hour or so for my ass to get sore. Its also hot after sitting in the suns rays. Hot like sitting in a bucket of hot oil, it takes forever to cool.

I have one. It seems to take another hour or so for my ass to get sore. Its also hot after sitting in the suns rays. Hot like sitting in a bucket of hot oil, it takes forever to cool.
Just one hour more before the butt gets sore?! It's like Sitting in hot oil?! Takes forever to cool?! You're not in the marketing business are you Chuck? :lol:

Just one hour more before the butt gets sore?! It's like Sitting in hot oil?! Takes forever to cool?! You're not in the marketing business are you Chuck? :lol:

Yes, I am justifying the expense of an RDL. I think I have myself just about talked into it.

Actually, I'm in on the group buy ;)

Have one, IMO a great way to spend $300 and if it doesn't work for you, flip it for little spent out of pocket. Nice improvement over stock (which wasn't all that bad for me) and works especially well with a Heli clamp. Do notice the heat a little more, but in the PNW that's not an issue for me. ;)

Bought it for the SO as the stock saddle didn't work at all for her.

--G

Have one and like it on my 06. It is a firm seat that I find to be quite comfortable. I have been using an Alaska sheepskin on my seats for years. It reduces the sweating and really extends the comfort on hot days.

Ed

Yes I bought one, used it twice [4 hours total]& has been sitting in the carton it was delivered in for the past 3 years. I'll put it on my 10FJR when I trade It for 13FJR which are expected to be on the dealers floors here very soon.