Anyone using Iridium CR8EIX plugs in their FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDN_FJR

Reaction score
Just wondering what difference they make if any in performance and service length of the plug....

Richard

Canadian...I installed those on my `o4 FJR at about 16k kms. It was my iimpression that the engine was smoother, but barely at best. The big advantage to the iridiums is lifespan. They burn cleaner and they hold their gap. In all likelyhood, one set will do ya for as long as u own the bike. It is still adviseable to check`m everynow and then, if only to loosen them in their mounts so they don`t get welded in there. :glare:

I used them in pretty much every bike I have had since they came on the market. They do make a diffrence in (a slight one, but a positive one) in starting and running the bike. I have a freind that has a set in his cruiser and just hit 40,000 miles with them, and they still look new.

KM

Thanks guys... and I'll try and use the search function first from now on so as to keep the group Nazis happy... :rolleyes:

Thanks guys... and I'll try and use the search function first from now on so as to keep the group Nazis happy... :rolleyes:
And the bonus is that you won't be thought of as a Search Welfare Recipient for an item discussed so many times before and so easily findable....like here. Thanks for not making us retype page after page of previous discussion.

...that and maybe people won't think you're calling them Nazis personally.....because those were some really mean people and not really anybody on this forum I know....which is, of course, backed up by your emoticon :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Iggy, those interpersonal classes are really paying off! ;)

Changing the plugs at the valve adjust works and sometimes not. I like to change the plugs once a year (spring) I check the bike's valves every 42,000kms mark. Give or take a few klicks. :blink:

This spring I will be 10,000kms away from the valve check/adjust but I will prob change the plugs. Depends on if I have to lift the tank up to install anything else.

And the bonus is that you won't be thought of as a Search Welfare Recipient for an item discussed so many times before and so easily findable....like here. Thanks for not making us retype page after page of previous discussion....that and maybe people won't think you're calling them Nazis personally.....because those were some really mean people and not really anybody on this forum I know....which is, of course, backed up by your emoticon :rolleyes:
Funny, I always pictured Iggy as kind of a Hippy back in the day. Anybody else kind of see that? This is too confusing- We have two CanadianFJR's. One of you will have to be Jr. and one Sr.!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be confused. I am Canadian FJR and he is CanadianFJR. Two completely different people. I have a 2003 and he has the slower 2005. I am from the tropics of Canada and he lives in Upper Canada. Any clearer?? :rolleyes:

About that 26,000/42,000 that should be 42,000 km was the life of the last set of plugs.

Canadian FJR

You must be confused. I am Canadian FJR and he is CanadianFJR. Two completely different people.
ADMIN NOTE: The new guy, CanadianFJR, stepped up to the plate and volunteered to be CDN_FJR. Between the names and avatar there shouldn't be confusion now....any more than our normal confusion anyway. ;)

Thanks CDN_FJR. :clapping:

Latest posts