Are there any female FJR owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzkenoman

Reaction score
I havent read one post by any female FJR owners, no impressions, no reviews, nada. It would be interesting to hear thier experiences and comparisons from the bikes they had to the FJR.

There are several women owners on this forum, they just need to speak up.

Click here to read about a ride with one lady FJR owner as a ride leader.

AZbikergirl, Kasey (owns n '03 in Canada), and there's at least one on the East Coast, in FL I think. I know there are more, but these 3 spring to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been keeping track but these FJR owners come to mind:

TNBlueBreeze

WOWSkunk

Sherpagirl

HerFJR

azbikergirl

fjrchick

Silver Penguin was talking about buying a FJR

The FJR is a tall heavy bike for not so tall, not so heavy riders. I've seen a not so tall, not so heavy rider show that once under way the size of the bike doesn't really matter anymore :lol:

Here....I'm a woman who owns an FJR! I love it. It's an 05. I put on about 25k miles. The only thing I dislike is the heat. I had a 2000 BMW k12rs. I loved that bike and there was never any heat issue. However, I hear the later models do throw off some heat. I had actually had several bikes, never one so heat annoying. I had a '91 Suzuki Katana 1100, an '83 Yamaha Seca 900. and a bunch of others that I won't list right now. Anyway, that's my biggest issue....the heat.

I have a bunch of farkles: Radar, GPS, Autocom. I have no need to change the seat or the risers and I ride 300-500 miles on an average Sunday ride.

I am 5'5....118 lbs.....well, pretty much (for both) ;) . I only have a height problem in tricky situations like deep gravel, and then I prefer to not put my feet down if I don't have to. I also find that I navigate carefully to find a parking spot where I don't have to back out of if it's backing out up hill. Thankfully, my husband is gracious enough to assist on these occasions when I neglect to pick a better spot.

Well....there you have it. I can't wait until the Spring so I can ride again. In fact, I'm tired of living in NY. I would like to live where I can ride more in the mountains......I love it.

My wife rides my FJR whenever she wants. She loves it. But then again, she's used to her R1150RT so it is a different ride.

She's 5'11" so the height/size of the bike isn't an issue for her at all. She rides my KLR whenever too.

Meeeeeee. I've had my '05 FJR for about a year and a half, and love it, Love It, LOVE IT! I upgraded from an '82 Maxim 650, and at first it seemed really big, but now it feels perfect. It's such a nimble bike, and forgiving of my occasional boo-boos. I'm tall for a girl - 5'10" - so I don't have trouble with the height.

A good friend who is a VFR rider would have strongly considered an FJR if she was taller then 5'2".

She has to tip toe on the VFR, so teh FJR was pretty much out of the question.

She also has a DRZ400 and it's been lowered, but it's still too tall for her and not confidence inspiring because of the height issue.

Girls on Bikes! What could be better!

Whether they be on the front or the back, it's all good.

Kudos ladies!

:)

Here....I'm a woman who owns an FJR! I love it. It's an 05. I put on about 25k miles. The only thing I dislike is the heat. I had a 2000 BMW k12rs. I loved that bike and there was never any heat issue. However, I hear the later models do throw off some heat. I had actually had several bikes, never one so heat annoying. I had a '91 Suzuki Katana 1100, an '83 Yamaha Seca 900. and a bunch of others that I won't list right now. Anyway, that's my biggest issue....the heat.I have a bunch of farkles: Radar, GPS, Autocom. I have no need to change the seat or the risers and I ride 300-500 miles on an average Sunday ride.

I am 5'5....118 lbs.....well, pretty much (for both) ;) . I only have a height problem in tricky situations like deep gravel, and then I prefer to not put my feet down if I don't have to. I also find that I navigate carefully to find a parking spot where I don't have to back out of if it's backing out up hill. Thankfully, my husband is gracious enough to assist on these occasions when I neglect to pick a better spot.

Well....there you have it. I can't wait until the Spring so I can ride again. In fact, I'm tired of living in NY. I would like to live where I can ride more in the mountains......I love it.
At 5'5 I thought I had difficulty at 5'7 reaching with my toes, and although I did consider the K12rs before the Fjr, many said it is even more top heavy. Do you still have your stock seat? A local guy said he could shave the seat alittle and staple the seat back, probably deduct about 2" off the top, but in rough roads I will feel the pan. Otherwise would you consider the 06 with all the heat issues fixed and rider adjustments available?

I can't wait until the Spring so I can ride again. In fact, I'm tired of living in NY. I would like to live where I can ride more in the mountains......I love it.
Hi herfjr. I think we talked once before about a ride in the Catskills where I live. I was actually out on the FJR today around Phoenicia and Belleayre ski center. It was about 50 degrees here and, for the first time this winter, my driveway was clear of ice. What a beautiful day.

I havent read one post by any female FJR owners.
Duh, I don't know if my FJR is male or female, how do you determine the gender? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here....I'm a woman who owns an FJR!  I love it.  It's an 05.  I put on about 25k miles.  The only thing I dislike is the heat.  I had a 2000 BMW k12rs.  I loved that bike and there was never any heat issue.  However, I hear the later models do throw off some heat.  I had actually had several bikes, never one so heat annoying.  I had a '91 Suzuki Katana 1100, an '83 Yamaha Seca 900. and a bunch of others that I won't list right now.  Anyway, that's my biggest issue....the heat.I have a bunch of farkles:  Radar, GPS, Autocom.  I have no need to change the seat or the risers and I ride 300-500 miles on an average Sunday ride. 

I am 5'5....118 lbs.....well, pretty much (for both)  ;) .  I only have a height problem in tricky situations like deep gravel, and then I prefer to not put my feet down if I don't have to.  I also find that I navigate carefully to find a parking spot where I don't have to back out of if it's backing out up hill.  Thankfully, my husband is gracious enough to assist on these occasions when I neglect to pick a better spot.

Well....there you have it.  I can't wait until the Spring so I can ride again.  In fact, I'm tired of living in NY.  I would like to live where I can ride more in the mountains......I love it.
I ordered an 06 AE to replace my 1200 RS. Did I do the right thing? What are your impressions regarding the differences. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

I havent read one post by any female FJR owners.
Duh, I don't know if my FJR is male or female, how do you determine the gender? :blink: :blink: :blink:
The 06s are definitely female... they're missing the "guy" part... you know... the clutch lever!

:assasin:

There are probably more than we realize, I know of 2 here in D/FW that have '06's on order. I think you old fart letch types scare them out of posting.

A very few feel comfy about adding their input here, all the power to them when they do.

Az is cool, seems like she has been here a long time but does not participate in the guy silliness. The girls in my house lurk and learn, but never feel it necessary to post up. Oh well. No biggie.

I admire any woman that rides, and respect those who can pilot the FJR.