Arkansas All Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"
Reaction score
October 31st (Saturday) a few of us riders will set out and do a 500 mile ride in 12 hrs or less, on the BEST twisty roads in Arkansas.

Why 500 miles? Its half a Saddle Sore, in half the time. The challenge is the TWISTY part. This route will be all twisty roads with very few miles of transfer sections, and will include Hwy 23, 74, 123, 16, 27, 21, 341, 9, 103, 215, 341 and more…. If you can do this within the time frame you will be on the bike and in the saddle “ALL DAY”.

Depart time is tentatively set at 7:00 A.M. and hopefully all riders can get back together for dinner that night.

The Best Western Hillside Inn is the camp site. We have 10 rooms with double beds reserved $68.00 per night. The BW has a full complimentary breakfast from 6 A.M. till 10.00 A.M. These are Non-Smoking rooms. Just ask for Leslie (shes the manager, works from 7-3) Tell her you want one of the rooms held by the T.B.A. “Twisty Butt Association” or "Arkansas All Day" or my name Scott Tipton.

Dinner will be at the Western Sizzler about a mile south from the hotel. We will tentatively set dinner time for 7:30

All are welcome to join in, and shorter routes are created if you’re not interested in the full 500. Start and end will be in Clinton Arkansas, Clinton is smack dab in the middle of the route, so if you get tired, an early exit back to the hotel is always an option.

No prizes or trophies, just a great fun day riding motorcycles and a free dinner Saturday night if you can complete the 500 in time! If you like this kind of riding and are interested, or if you have any questions send me a PM or post up.

Scott

Arkansas All Day

Arkansas All Day 400

Arkansas All Day 300

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!

I know I would be tired after 300 miles of that twisty work...

plain wooped after 400 miles...

kudos to all who can do 500. :clapping:

Believe me, riding in twisties when your brain is fading can be _____ (fill in the blank)

I hope to ride in MO/AR this fall...maybe this will be a part of fall ride.

I'll seriously consider this.

Yowsa... I'll attest to what Wheaton said... I don't have the concentration to handle those roads for 500 miles strait... but that is very similar to a trip I took this spring... or tried to take anyway, Got almost all the way there and had to detour away due to a snow storm. I'll get there eventually. I here 341 (aka push mtn road) is almost as good as the dragon but WAY less traffic. Have fun and be safe!

Over the years, I have done close to and/or slightly over 1000 mile days before but have never done a certified IBA ride. Clicking off 1000 miles in 24 hours is certainly a notable feat, but not really my idea of a fun day in the saddle. I was simply trying to get from point A to B (Usually riding home from an event). However, spending most of the daylight hours in nothing but prime twisties seems to me like more fun and just as much of an achievement. Competent riding ability would without a doubt certainly be necessary. Therefore...

This will be the first verified ride of the newly founded TBA (Twisty Butt Association). 500 miles in nothing but Arkansas' best twisties in 12 hours or less! Yep, the completion of the entire prime twisty route and completion within timeframe will be verified before certification.

This is your chance to participate in the inaugural TBA event! Enjoy a great weekend of riding and camraderie and have a story to tell as well. And if you want a certificate and/or license plate frame...we can probably make that happen as well.

Come on out and play with us...ride 300, 400 or maybe even a certified 500 miles.

C'ya there!

This is sounding better by the minute.

October 31 is a long ways off,but you've sure got me thinking about it.

Alright Mark, you know you want round 2 with that little ole curve on 27, and it will be on the route!

Will post up a route plan the first of next week!

Alright Mark, you know you want round 2 with that little ole curve on 27, and it will be on the route!
Will post up a route plan the first of next week!
Hey...if there's a way to be there...I will. I know I'm gonna try to get down to AR...just not sure exactly when I can do it. It would be nice if it was the weekend you are planning this. It would be great to ride with you when I don't have to ride bitch.

Ok fellers heres the 500 mile + (518) route. I will get a 400 and a 300 mile route up soon! Any questions PM or post up. I know it says 12 hours and some odd mins, it wont take that long! I assure you this is very doable in 12 hrs or less. You will have to stay on the bike though!

Scott

Arkansas All Day Route

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok fellers heres the 500 mile + (518) route. I will get a 400 and a 300 mile route up soon! Any questions PM or post up. I know it says 12 hours and some odd mins, it wont take that long! I assure you this is very doable in 12 hrs or less. You will have to stay on the bike though!
Scott

Arkansas All Day Route
Wow....that looks like a great route. There are roads there I haven't ridden. The ones I have ridden are fantastic. Those of you midwest out-of-staters, you west coasters peeking in here, and you east coasters looking fior some fun....you ain't ridden 'till you've ridden these roads. :clapping:

I rode that "little ole curve on 27" earlier this summer, remembering that weekend vividly. Mark, you know you want to teach that curve a lesson! :assassin:

I'd like to try and make it back there with you guys again. I'll pencil this in for Oct. 31. :yahoo:

Scott, I noticed the route goes through Oark. That could be dangerous for Mark. He might spend too much time at the Oark Country Store if the right person is working that day. :D

Scott, I noticed the route goes through Oark. That could be dangerous for Mark. He might spend too much time at the Oark Country Store if the right person is working that day. :D

Truth be told...The only reason I am doing this TBA All Day thing is so I can follow Scott back to the Country Store in Oark! There are a couple of things there I really like...

the atmosphere and ambience!

Truth be told...The only reason I am doing this TBA All Day thing is so I can follow Scott back to the Country Store in Oark! There are a couple of things there I really like...

the atmosphere and ambience!
I agree there are a couple of things to like at that store!! Even Scott would have to agree even though he wouldn't admit it.

Oh I'll admit it, but I'm like that dog chasing a car, stop the car and he wont know what to do! :lol:

Oh I'll admit it, but I'm like that dog chasing a car, stop the car and he wont know what to do! :lol:
Oh but what fun could be had trying to figure it out what to do with it!

Just fyi in case you hadn't already figured it out...I am making a stop at the store in Oark. Even if I just got gas 10 minutes earlier. It is just such a throw back in time and a good place to stretch a leg.