Assimilated!!! Finally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can't set the replacement to match the old one. That's what the sticker is for, to say "The miles indicated are short by this much." That has to go on the title when it's sold, too, you check the box by "The indicated miles are not correct."

224 extra isn't gonna bother anybody, though! 22,000 might have been a problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a great find!

I'd say 590 miles but who cares! It's still close enough to brand new!

Get the sliders ASAP; If you put them on you may not need them, if you don't you will.

Congrats on a great find!I'd say 590 miles but who cares! It's still close enough to brand new!

Get the sliders ASAP; If you put them on you may not need them, if you don't you will.
I'm ordering the sliders and the G2 tomorrow. It's hard, but I'm taking the advice and waiting until they are installed! Thanks everybody for all the great information!! She's a "garage queen" just now, until those items are installed. I'll wax her tomorrow, while I'm waiting.

Thanks!!

Bob

Ya got some awesume ride'n around yer parts! My favorite ride was goin from cedar city over the mountain and up to bryce canyon, just a spectacular day!

Have not heard of the Burr Trail. Do tell more ! It will be awhile before I get back to utah but I plan to one day..

Regards

Scooper

Greetings,
I introduced myself about a year ago, and have been lusting for, and doing a lot of looking for the FJR. I read this forum almost every day. All the "shootouts" re: sport tourers say the same thing, the FJR is the best, for the money, and always handles the best or darn near, in the tests. I do have some experience, owned 3 Yamaha street bikes in the late 1970's and early 1980's including 2 XS 750 triples which I rode the hell out of, and various dirt bikes. After a long hiatus from riding, I started again on a 2008 Kawasaki Versys 650, which is a blast to ride, and I farkled the heck out of it for "light" sport touring, and indeed did a lot of overnight/long trips, as well as shorter "to town" one's. The longest one day distance being darn near 500 miles, no problem (well I took a two hour break in the middle). The Versys is too much fun in the twisties, you can "hammer" the throttle anytime and not have to worry. I know that's not the case with the FJR!

So, after unsuccessfully trying to deal and find a good price here locally and anywhere else within 400 miles, I saw an ad for an 'O6 FJR with 366 miles on the ODO, for about $8k. 366 Miles!!!!! Holy Smokes! Now, I know that's not a fantastic deal, from my research, but I thought it was pretty good for an essentially brand new bike. I called them last night and said I'd be there TODAY!

Anyway, I traveled the 120 miles to the dealer, and sure enough, upon thorough inspection, the bike appeared brand new. The interior bags for the hard cases (and other things) were still in the plastic wrappers, unused. There were absolutely no scratches, and no evidence of any tip overs. The bike was completely serviced too. No "Farkles" evident, it's stock.

Thanks to this forum, I knew the questions to ask, and made sure that the recalls were addressed, which they were (at least according to the paperwork).

Also, I like the color, more than most other years. But really, that had no effect on my decision, honest.

Anyway, I bought it, and hauled it home on a trailer. Still figuring out how to afford it, but if it's as good, and as much fun as many of you say, that will be a minor issue.

No, I haven't ridden (rode?) it yet, it's safely stowed in the garage, under a cover. I may work up my nerve in the next day or two.....................I'm thinking the big Church parking lot, down the street, for low speed "starters"??

Take care, Bob

PHOTOS!!!

Congratulations on an unbelievable find. Enjoy the new ride, it sounds like you are going to take it slow to start and get comfortable with the bike. Very smart have a blast!!!!

Ya got some awesume ride'n around yer parts! My favorite ride was goin from cedar city over the mountain and up to bryce canyon, just a spectacular day!
marcusorelius,

I ride that road all the time, my son lives in Cedar City (about 50 minutes from my house), and I often blast over there, he jumps on his Super Duke and we ride the route you described, including Cedar Breaks and the Mammoth Road (a really good ride). Too much fun!!

Right now all that country is under about 8 feet of snow!!! But Springs a coming! Down lower it's pretty much dried out, with day time highs around 50º or so. Not too bad.

Take care, Bob

Have not heard of the Burr Trail. Do tell more ! It will be awhile before I get back to utah but I plan to one day..Regards

Scooper
Scooper,

The Burr Trail takes off of the famous Utah Highway 12 at Boulder UT, and heads SE towards Lake Powell. About 40 miles or so of it is paved, then it turns to a gravel road. The paved part is exquisite: check out this link to another forum for better photos than I have taken on that route: https://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25314

Take care,

Bob

Greetings,
I introduced myself about a year ago, and have been lusting for, and doing a lot of looking for the FJR. I read this forum almost every day. All the "shootouts" re: sport tourers say the same thing, the FJR is the best, for the money, and always handles the best or darn near, in the tests. I do have some experience, owned 3 Yamaha street bikes in the late 1970's and early 1980's including 2 XS 750 triples which I rode the hell out of, and various dirt bikes. After a long hiatus from riding, I started again on a 2008 Kawasaki Versys 650, which is a blast to ride, and I farkled the heck out of it for "light" sport touring, and indeed did a lot of overnight/long trips, as well as shorter "to town" one's. The longest one day distance being darn near 500 miles, no problem (well I took a two hour break in the middle). The Versys is too much fun in the twisties, you can "hammer" the throttle anytime and not have to worry. I know that's not the case with the FJR!

So, after unsuccessfully trying to deal and find a good price here locally and anywhere else within 400 miles, I saw an ad for an 'O6 FJR with 366 miles on the ODO, for about $8k. 366 Miles!!!!! Holy Smokes! Now, I know that's not a fantastic deal, from my research, but I thought it was pretty good for an essentially brand new bike. I called them last night and said I'd be there TODAY!

Anyway, I traveled the 120 miles to the dealer, and sure enough, upon thorough inspection, the bike appeared brand new. The interior bags for the hard cases (and other things) were still in the plastic wrappers, unused. There were absolutely no scratches, and no evidence of any tip overs. The bike was completely serviced too. No "Farkles" evident, it's stock.

Thanks to this forum, I knew the questions to ask, and made sure that the recalls were addressed, which they were (at least according to the paperwork).

Also, I like the color, more than most other years. But really, that had no effect on my decision, honest.

Anyway, I bought it, and hauled it home on a trailer. Still figuring out how to afford it, but if it's as good, and as much fun as many of you say, that will be a minor issue.

No, I haven't ridden (rode?) it yet, it's safely stowed in the garage, under a cover. I may work up my nerve in the next day or two.....................I'm thinking the big Church parking lot, down the street, for low speed "starters"??

Take care, Bob

PHOTOS!!!

OK, I'll wheel it out of the garage this week and take some photos to post. A friend of mine was giving me trouble about exactly this today.

Thanks, Bob

Most excellent buy! And a steal when you consider it is the manliest and fastest color possible for an FJR... :clapping:
Does it have TOGS or sliders? If not, get them pronto. You won't be used to the heft of the old girl after the Versys, especially if you toodle along in a parking lot. So what farkles are ya gonna get? Feel like coming to WFO? It's only a couple states over to Cali...

I'm excited for you!.

Might I suggest the G2 throttle cam, aftermarket levers, and a GENI master slave cylinder swap -- those three things really help with throttle response and ease of shifting on the '06.

Congrats bro!
I knew it was the fastest color but didn't want to say anything to offend those with slower colors............................. I'm new here you know. :rolleyes:

No TOGS or Sliders, this thing is completely stock, as far as I can tell. From reading here, I know they are mandatory, as well as the G2 Throttle cam. I'm on it!!! I forgot to mention that I did get a 2 year YES Warranty, as folks here said that's almost mandatory too.

Maybe I'll delay the parking lot practice 'til the Sliders arrive!!?? It's cold and windy with threatening rain today anyway.

Thanks!!
I guess I'm not sure how you got a YES Warranty on an 06 bike. Maybe it has never been titled?

Jim

I guess I'm not sure how you got a YES Warranty on an 06 bike. Maybe it has never been titled?

Jim

If you buy a used Yamaha from a Yamaha dealer you can get a year or two "Yes" warranty up to a centian age bike. When I bought my 2004 from a guy in Peoria last year the owner of my dealership offered a two year "Yes" to me. It's higher than the regular "Yes" but hey if you want it and can get it go for it. I passed though.

Hope this helps

Scoop

If you buy a used Yamaha from a Yamaha dealer you can get a year or two "Yes" warranty up to a centian age bike. When I bought my 2004 from a guy in Peoria last year the owner of my dealership offered a two year "Yes" to me. It's higher than the regular "Yes" but hey if you want it and can get it go for it. I passed though.Hope this helps

Scoop
Really? Wow. I just bought my used '07 from Ron Ayers (authorized dealer) a few weeks ago and was offered no such deals...they told me the previous owner canceled his Y.E.S. warranty and that there was only a 30 day warranty on it from the day I signed the contract. I've yet to call Yamaha to check on this, but I plan to.

I researched the YES issue when I bought a leftover 08 last November. The bottom line is to call Yamaha with the VIN before you buy. They have good customer support people who will research it for you. In my case the customer support person contacted the warranty people and verified that mine was YES eligible. They told me that not all leftovers are YES eligible. They also verified that all recalls had been performed.

I bought my YES from D&H for $389, the paperwork took about a month to arrive.

I'd recommend calling Mama Yama with the VIN of any FJR you are considering buying.

I understand that a new FJR that has not been titled is eligible for a y.e.s. warranty. I was told no warranty was available when I bought a used 06 in 08 from a Yamaha dealer.

I understand that a new FJR that has not been titled is eligible for a y.e.s. warranty. I was told no warranty was available when I bought a used 06 in 08 from a Yamaha dealer.
Well, I just pulled out the paperwork and examined the YES Warranty paperwork. As you know from above it's an '06 with 590 miles, and I've got the YES warranty forms in my possession. After reading the preceding posts, I hope it's valid!!! I got the warranty for 48 months. I wouldn't have bought the bike without this, from information I gleaned from this forum. And "yes", YES was a bit pricey!

I took a couple pictures today, I'll post later tonight or tomorrow. The Slider's and G2 have shipped!

Thanks, Bob

Greetings,

Take care, Bob

PHOTOS!!!
OK,

G2 and Sliders now installed, as per recommendations, this is a pic before that (last week).

100_3032.jpg

Does it look OK???

Thanks, Bob

"Does that look ok?" Are you kiddin me Bob? That's the ugliest fatest bike I've ever laid eyes on......just kidding, your "new" 06 looks great but then again I'm totally partial to 06's and the faster longer blue one's. You got a great deal IMO and just let the farkle-fest begin if your wallet will stand the abuse. But hey, you only live once and just a couple other recomendations is a fenda-extenda and a radiatior guard, and oh yea, the thinga majiggies clips that keeps the bags from flying off. Peace of mind there Bob.....Just ENJOY!! PM. <>< :yahoo: