Audio Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a J&M CB2003 set up on my 06 FJR and 07 V Strom. These are coupled with Zumo 550's on each bike. This gives me, 40 channel CB, weather radio, intercomm and ability to play music through aux input. Add the Zumo and I have XM, traffic, weather and GPS voice coming through J&M with one cable to the helmet. This setup has worked great for many trouble free miles on hoth bikes.

Now I am farkling out my 2015 FJR and wondering if I should move the J&M to the new bike and continue with what I have or if there is a newer tech option which would offer the same functionality.

Using my phone to stream music or XM / Pandora / etc is not really an option for two reasons - no unlimited data and traveling outside cell service areas pose problems.

Thanks

If you're happy with what you have, and it fulfills all your wants .... why change? Save your money and spend it on gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're happy with what you have, and it fulfills all your wants .... why change? Save your money and spend it on gas.
Gunny!

Unless you wanna ditch the wires, stick with what ya got and what works. I was running a Starcom Advance for several years and it worked fine, except for when the cord running to the helmet would come unplugged. We went to Sena headsets and that works quite well for us.

Using my phone to stream music or XM / Pandora / etc is not really an option for two reasons - no unlimited data and traveling outside cell service areas pose problems.

Spotify.... A spotify memberships is $10 a month, you can download music to your phone when your on Wifi and play it back offline, eliminating the need for wireless data and coverage. I currently have the Zumo 665 and use the XM antenna.

Pretty much agree with those above, if you want to stayed wired & save the $$ stick with what you have. If you want BT, go Sena. If you're already paying for an XM subscription, streaming is not an issue. Using Sena 20S, I can listen to either XM from my Zumo 665 or my I-phone Itunes, and still get nav and com.

Thanks for the feedback. I do like what I have and it has worked great. The only drawback is wire removal from the 06 and rewiring of the 15 but once done probably good for another 10 years.

Did know about Spotify. I do have Rhapsody on my home control system so that may work the same, great info.

So if I get the Sena, I only lose the CB and can be BT for everything else. Again, great info.

Thanks again,

Maybe or maybe not! I believe the aux input port on the SENA is a passive port designed to accept inputs only such as from an MP3 player. If you could connect a CB audio output signal to that port you would only be able to hear the CB audio and not be able to send audio from the SENA mic to the CB. Posibly some thing like the SENA SR10 bluetooth interface would work. Not sure however, how the J&M 2003 CB would interface with the SR10. Other handheld CB's such as from Midland have an output port that does interface with the SR 10.

Ok so I'm not sure if its the same setup, but Google..... Goldwing Sena CB. There is a thread on the Sena support page about getting JM CB to work with Sena. Additional cables to buy and it all seems pretty expensive. But it solves the wire to the helmet issue. If it is an issue...??

Burns1

I think I am going to move the current set up from my 06 to the 15. Paid for, works great and and functional. I don't mind the one cable to my helmet. Thanks everyone.