AUSSIE POLICE FJR Training

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hey gang.

Well as you know (some of you anyhoo) I have a few friends who are Solo Motorcycle cops in sever Sates here Downunder. I spoke to one of them yesterday and he was giving me the low down on some of the things he found while upgrading to the new FJR1300 Police kit...

Those pics I sent in ages ago (Someone will find them and re post please of the white FJR police bike in NSW coulours, ta)

Well on those bikes there are the big black metal Tip over brackets...

1. Ya can't lean the bike over too much or you will scrap the front brackets

2. If you lean over on them they wear so much that it affects and eventually starts to wear down the siren cone as well, they were only doing left hand circuits on there special track so he promised me that he would even up the other side of the bike the next day)

3. The brakes in ABS are not "as good" as the BMW's with the "initial handful" of front brake but there was no fade at all, which the BMW"s do according to my mate ( and he tried to get fade all day!)

4. Heaps of grunt and sporty, just disappointing with the bracket which they may have to modify.

Another Copper mate in NSW rang up YAMAHA and he was told that he cannot scrape the rear Tip Over bracket, he was told by the rep, if you and the bike do you and the bike will be on it's side....well guess what apparently may mate can testify that you can indeed scrape the rear bracket and still be upright.....

Hopefully I will have an update and some pics shortly!!!

Ciao

Thanks Ion!

Last edited by a moderator:
FJR1300Police001.jpg

FJR1300Police002.jpg

Alan, thank you for posting those pictures! Thug, did you ever find out who down under was manufacturing that Smuggler?

I am still whining I can't find a used Corbin smuggler for a Gen1. I wonder if the OZ company sells it to private individuals.

Looks like the front tip-over bars should be tapered from the bottom up, following the contour of the faring shape. That would help with the early grounding, though you'd lose the "Patriot" siren mounting location. :rolleyes:

The back one just needs to be a bit higher. It looks like the pegs would scrape before the bars now.

Man, that looks good! I'd take the white with blue checkering, smuggler, and crash bars.

Click the pic and off to England you go...

Similar to the Aussie setup.

Don't be fooled into thinking that's some custom padded box like Corbin's Smuggler.

Not even close. It's just a fancy cover that when opened reveals what you'd see removing the pillion seat.

Take a look at THIS PDF image....

edit: ...or just take a look here

http___wwwwoodway-onlineco.jpg