Avg FJR guy Economic status: poll part III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If your given free 15,000 $ by an imaginary FJR forum millionaire :) lol and you could only do

• Invest into productive stuff / bank stock etc

Votes: 45 84.9%
  • finish off debts

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • upgrade to newer FJR

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Buy another FJR

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • upgrade to higher priced motorcycle like BMW / Ducatis etc

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • buy another other type/brand of motorcycle in addition to FJR

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • spend on family / like vacation / gifts / kids college fund etc

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • take a cost to cost trip in USA with extended motorcycling vacation alone or with family

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • fly off some where and take a motorcycling vacation alone or with family

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • spend on other extravaganza Eg: party, buy car, boat etc

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjr doc

Reaction score
Here is part 3 of the poll. I promise two more sessions and this will be over. I am almost timing it as once a week thing, avg number of response seems like around 120ish per poll which is a decent sample size from one enthusiast forum of one bike.

as always ALL ANSWERS ARE HIDDEN, to me as well as others. ( i think even for admins and mods ) I can only do four questions and few options hence will try to make it count by asking the most simple and direct stuff. You will feel like all the options can be the right one for you, but really ask yourself what will be the answer that suits you the most.

After obtaining basic info and riding style of FJr riders, next stop is obtain some insight into why they ended up with an FJR in the first place. One reason will be economic status. Was it the burden of life or the real love for the bike? Most likely mix of both. But will see if there are any surprises.

again just curiosity and winter boredom has lead me to this. I promise as soon as summer is here wont see me around with my nagging questions
biggrin.png
hahah

as soon as two to three more sets of polls, will provide a full break down of data.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170681-average-fjr-guy-demographic-part-i/

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170702-average-fjr-guy-riding-style-poll-part-ii/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a sociologist? This poll is more than a little intrusive.
Not by profession, but our extremely different life, lifestyles, situation each of us fall into, vastly different outlook, ...yet one common binding factor interest me a lot. May be because am associated and affected by it on daily basis. Never meant to be intrusive, really sorry :( , with the data being anonymous and questions being so generic I hope no one feels so.

One thing I will never include in this will be things like religion, politics etc which are beyond the realms of comfort I think people will like to share

:( I misunderstood the scenario I guess.

All I was wondering were few things like, how involved were we as motorcyclist with this hobby. Is it just a past time or using as a crutch to escape real life stressors, is it nearing the point of addiction where it's affecting our finance, is it just part of a fad and other hobbies or is it sort of a life style as most of us believe it to be. Are we working a lot to support this passion. If given a chance will most of us go for the most expensive or supposed to be best motorcycle out there etc

I was thinking All options I tried to include were very very broad as in all info provided will be very non specific as in related to legal IRS kind of deal. And mostly subjective in nature as in "whtr we feel like it's too much on us etc"

And as far as I know all infos are hidden to all including admins, may be some Super class hackers might be able to know what options we selected, but I wonder will it be any benefit to him with such generic broad answers

Lastly I never thought this would be considered this intrusive :(

Admins /mods please delete this whole thread if it's that extreme scenario / no more polls from me.

Hope and pray winter is over soon so all of us can go ride instead of just the lucky few :)

It is certainly reasonable that some people will find this pole intrusive and they can/should/will opt to not be active participants. Others will feel diferently and will participate. I hope the concerns of some will not cause FJR Doc to discontinue his effort. I am less concerned with the prospect of Doc being a sociologist than I am with the possibility that he is a proctologist.
omg2.gif

I find this poll intrusive, disturbing and very out of forum character....so I voted honestly with religious and political intent.

And as far as I know all infos are hidden to all including admins

Admins /mods please delete this whole thread if it's that extreme scenario / no more polls from me.)
Please don't speak for admins permission/abilities. The reality is it's probably possible to get the data, but I can't imagine a scenario where we'd bother. Also, please do not punt to admins the responsibility to cut or leave a thread via a post assuming we read and know all. You want something closed, ask via PM.

Everybody else...caveat emptor.

Thanks.

The Management

Y'all sound like a bunch of cranky old men. If you find it intrusive, DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS and move one!!

Thanks for the ability to put active duty military on there... 18 1/2 years in and almost at the end of the that road.

Maaaan
sad.png
never wanted it to turn into this "grey zone"/ scandalous/ polarizing and then further deteriorate into some thing worse. I will request management to close this thread via PM. I am unable to edit and delete it myself. No more polls from me

In a way i was lucky i didnt do the health status poll lol
biggrin.png
then @pterodactyl would be like " yes he is proctologist and not sociologist"
smile.png

And as far as I know all infos are hidden to all including admins

Admins /mods please delete this whole thread if it's that extreme scenario / no more polls from me.)
Please don't speak for admins permission/abilities. The reality is it's probably possible to get the data, but I can't imagine a scenario where we'd bother. Also, please do not punt to admins the responsibility to cut or leave a thread via a post assuming we read and know all. You want something closed, ask via PM.

Everybody else...caveat emptor.

Thanks.
The Management
Sorry to punt it to you, Will Pm you now and next time onwards.

I don't know why those old farts considered it intrusive. It's an anonymous poll. Don't answer if it's intrusive to you.

It is certainly reasonable that some people will find this pole intrusive and they can/should/will opt to not be active participants. Others will feel diferently and will participate. I hope the concerns of some will not cause FJR Doc to discontinue his effort. I am less concerned with the prospect of Doc being a sociologist than I am with the possibility that he is a proctologist.
omg2.gif
thank you for the support :)

i hope at least some find these interesting, For eg there is so far only one active guy in forum below 25 how rides FJR , there might be a guy who is close to a millionaire and still riding and enjoying a motorcycle and that too an FJR , so far 10% of people have flying as a hobby in addition to riding that is 1 in 10 is a pilot - are they better riders? // some unfortunate souls are having some financial trouble but still doesnt stop them from riding a motorcycle.

Y'all sound like a bunch of cranky old men. If you find it intrusive, DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS and move one!!
Thanks for the ability to put active duty military on there... 18 1/2 years in and almost at the end of the that road.
sure, always respect the guys and gals who sacrifice part of their life for the rest of us. And had a feeling there will be a major proportion riding motorcycle compared to other recreation. so far close to 20% which seems like a good proportion.

Part of my job was writing and administering polls and surveys. Some people simply refuse to participate and sometimes an incentive was required, but most people would respond if the poll was short and the questions were simple. Your questions about income and debt could be considered too personal for an internet forum, but I had no problem answering them.

Overall, this seems like something a marketing person might be interested in to help determine where to spend advertising dollars.

I don't understand people's aversion to discussing how much they make. Maybe this is because for the last 20 years, my salary has been public information. You guys know that an Intellius search will cough up your net worth in less than 5 seconds right?

Really, how hard is it to know how much someone makes. I'll go out on a limb and say you guys with huge houses, 5 motorcycles, expensive cars and nice shit make more than me. Aaaaaaaaand, I don't care. Lol...

I saw this a while back and thank it's both funny and interesting:

Status
Not open for further replies.