AWESOME ARRIVAL!!!!!!!!! Yosh 4-2-1 R77 Full System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Wonder what's in the box that UPS just dropped off? :yahoo:

Shipped.jpg

Blown-in foam packaging:

BlownFoam.jpg

OOOOOOoooooooo......AAAAAAaaaaaaa........... CHUBBY TIME!!!!!!! :lol:

headers.jpg

canister.jpg

header.jpg

tip.jpg

Bung for the O2 sensor:

o2Bung.jpg

Spring closeup:

springs.jpg

Modern hexagon shape, with this larger flat side closest to the swingarm:

topview.jpg

Guess you know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!! B)

Shit the pictures are getting me excited. Besides weight and looks how much HP do you think you're get? Very nice, have fun.

Gorgeous system. Yeah, there's definitely some bling factor there..!

So what was the deciding factor to go with the Yoshi system over the Devil cans? (I'm guessing because it was a full system..?) Is there an off-the-shelf map that you'll use once these are installed or will you take it to tuner. I'd be very interested in seeing the before/after charts once she's dynoed...

NICE!!!! Always thought that (soon-to-be) blinged out Busa oughta have a full system. Wouldn't be right to leave available horseponies untethered from the drive train.

You're a bad influence, WC, and I keep having to remind myself what upgrading from the XX to an '08 Busa would cost me, especially in recurring insurance premiums.

Keeping with the theme of the Busa, these are for the Busa right? Is black powder coat in the near future for these? Just thinking out load here....PM. <>< ;)

Pffffft!!!! Like those down-tubes are going to stay shiny very long..... :lol:

The entire 4-2-1 tubing will be a light gold color within 1000 miles.... not that it matters, 'cuz you can't see any of it any way.

I am toying with the idea of having the last section of mid-pipe ceramic-coated a matte black.... we'll see. Not 100% sure I want to bother with it; I'd like to get them installed tomorrow, and not dink around trying to find a place to coat them.

Besides weight and looks how much HP do you think you're get?
According to Yoshimura R&D, you gain about 8-hp.... just from installing them! That's before a PC-III is installed and mapped!!!! :blink:

Here is the dyno between stock and this system.... look at the jump in torque between 4500 - 6800 RPM, WITHOUT a PC-III...... DAYUMN!!!!!

3447_3_.jpg

Do they mount on the stock hangers?
Yes, it does. This is a single canister system that exits on the right.

So what was the deciding factor to go with the Yoshi system over the Devil cans? (I'm guessing because it was a full system..?)

The #1 Overall Factor: WEIGHT LOSS!

The stock exhaust is ginormous.... it is responsible for the K8's 20lb weight gain over the Gen I Busa. :angry: This 4-2-1 full system weighs in at a featherweight 13lbs, total!!! This reduces a STAGGERING 35-lbs off the stock exhaust!!!! :blink:

I realize everyone associates the Carbon Fiber sleeves with blinginess, but the truth of the matter is: I was simply after the black color, in keeping with the dark theme of the bike. It is entirely possible that I will eventually regret going with the CF, because I know it's not going to do well cosmetically over the long haul. If I had a ceramic-coater all lined up, I would have gone after the aluminum, and had it all shot matte-black.

Is there an off-the-shelf map that you'll use once these are installed or will you take it to tuner.
This will sound sacrilegious, but... I have little interest in installing a PC-III and getting it tuned, because I don't want to take the 3-4 (or more) MPG hit that a PC-III will cause. The bike already gets quasi-marginal MPH as it is; I don't want to irritate the problem. Recall this bike only has a 5.5 gallon tank, and the Hayabusa powerplant isn't exactly tune for economy. :glare:

You're a bad influence, WC, and I keep having to remind myself what upgrading from the XX to an '08 Busa would cost me, especially in recurring insurance premiums.
Yeah, but...... you know how the saying goes: you can't take it with you.

Are you getting younger? No.

Is your orthopedic health going to *improve* with age? No.

Now is the time. Now. Right Now. You don't want to sit on a rocking chair on the porch at some point in the future, sippin' geritol and eating your mush, and thinking, "gosh, I wonder what riding that Hayabusa throughout the Seirra Nevada mountain range would have been like ...?"

Now. Right Now. You won't worry about those insurance premiums when you're dead. This is your time. Right now - this day.

Now is the time. Now. Right Now. You don't want to sit on a rocking chair on the porch at some point in the future, sippin' geritol and eating your mush, and thinking, "gosh, I wonder what riding that Hayabusa throughout the Seirra Nevada mountain range would have been like ...?"

Now. Right Now. You won't worry about those insurance premiums when you're dead. This is your time. Right now - this day.
Prick! :p

The bike already gets quasi-marginal MPH as it is; I don't want to irritate the problem. Recall this bike only has a 5.5 gallon tank, and the Hayabusa powerplant isn't exactly tune for economy.
That's better ==> "little tank, big appetite, little tank, big appetite, little tank, big appetite, little . . . ."

Last edited by a moderator:
SCHWIIIIING!! :fans:

Yosh hits another one outta the PARK!!

Congrats. With all that power comes the great responsibilty to kick some IB ass, eh?

The #1 Overall Factor: WEIGHT LOSS! This 4-2-1 full system weighs in at a featherweight 13lbs, total!!! This reduces a STAGGERING 35-lbs off the stock exhaust!!!!
Holy Dead Anchor ......amazing. Without question significant -----and 8HP(before re-map) to boot!

And recent events only serve to reinforce this way of thinking-I am wholly in agreement with this. Like Carly Simon said-"these are the good 'ol days"

Last edited by a moderator: