Back from EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in safe at 2300 last night. What a great trip and group of folks to hang out and ride with. Thanks to ASH, FENCER and all who rode the gorge saturday in our group for the help and support after my little get off. Im looking forward to the next EOM. Thanks to JWIILY and SCAB for the great ride home.

I do have one complaint; with all of the great roads it looks like my BT-021 front tire is just about spent after only 4,000 miles, maybe jwilly is not as Fu@ked up as I thought he was? :lol: Tom
Nope you had it right the first time!! :fool:

Did Jim have room for his pillow on the way home? :yahoo:

JW

Hi all! We had a great time this week-end. Meet a lot of great people,had some good food, and a couple of great days of riding!! What more could you ask for? (Well, maybe no rain all the way there)

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put this together.....GREAT JOB! :clapping: We took the round about way home to Charleston, WV, WEnt North for a while up to Marlinton, then the Senec Highway, then home.....cold, but fun...........Thanks again all for a great week-end.

Sherrie

(royboys better half!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home. Enjoyed meeting everyone and the rides were the best! :yahoo: I say we have EOM '08 at the same place so I can do the rides that I did not have time to do. What a wonderful event. Thanks to all who made it possible. :clapping:

Made it home safe and sound. I would just like to thank all the people who helped organize the event this year as it could not have been any beter. Well except for the rain Friday, but I was there already and staying dry in the bar. At least on the outside!!

Made it home safe and sound Sunday at about 6pm. Had great fun and it was fantastic to meet everyone. Yeah, I guess even Fencer. :p

Even though it rained on us Friday we still braved the Monkey Butt Express route over 311 which was horrible due to heavy (at times)rain, extreme gravel and about 50 foot visibility.

Did Potts/311 twice more on Saturday as just like Jeff mentioned it was fun as shyat. Still had gravel but at least it was dry and you could see it. :)

Talked with BlueBullet about route 3 back to Kentucky and ended up taking that route also. Damn good fun that road is. Minimal traffic, and lots of twisties and high speed potential.

Thank, Renegade, Joevelocity, Dad and BlueBullet for babysitting me and my bald front tire on the ride down until I could get to the tire shop on Thursday afternoon.

Good fun and can't wait for next year and thanks once again to each person who helped in whatever way to make the event happen.

I also had to thank the folks at the front desk of the Brier. Not only was that facility perfect for us, but they were extremely accomodating to all of us hooligans.

Snow White and I made it back this afternoon safe and sound. What a terrific time we had seeing old friends and making new ones. Hope we do an EOM next year? (Who's stepping up to the plate?)

jim

Dad and Joe should be home now as am I :)

Had a blast, some really really great riding, except for Friday, in the rain, that just sucked.

:D

Got home Sunday about 5:30. Had a great time meeting everyone and I will definately be doing EOM again. It was one of the best rallies I have ever attended. Major props to all of the people who put EOM 2007 together and to all the sponsers who donated some outstanding prizes.

Arrived home safe and sound about 3:30 this afternoon. Had a marvelous time renewing old frienships and making new ones.

Thanks to Heidi, Jim, Jeff, et al for planning and pulling off a GREAT EOM :clapping:

Got home around 3:30 this afternoon (1774 miles). Thanks to everyone that made this possible-I have a great time and met alot of nice people. Can't wait until next year (hint hint)

Home.... Thanks everyone...

Thanks, Chester, Steve, Peter, Mark, and Skip for the friendship and the riding. You guys are the best.... Smitty

I got back a little after 6:00 PM tonight, after a looooong hard day of slabbing it with Geezer and Charlie Hoss.

This was a first for me and also my first big trip on the bike. I met a bunch of great folks and can't wait for the next opportunity to get together. It absolutely amazes me the effort that the organizers put into something for no compensation other than sharing a great time with other FJR riders.

It's rough and I'll replace it with a cleaner version, plus more but this is all you guys get to see tonight:

1398724809_e0f9a85032_b.jpg

I be bak safe (haven't been sound for years) :dribble:

Lee, Mark, another great year... :)

To all those who had anything to do with this, please accept my heart felt thanks

Gary/Toophast

Checking In.

If you think it was cold there you should come here, found some ice on the driveway.

Chris

Pulled in around 8:15 tonight.Heidi, the route back to Staunton was incredible!! Thanks! And thanks to all who helped put this together.

I wish I took more pictures. I guess riding was just too much fun to stop. :D
Glad that you enjoyed it. Told you... 250 ROCKS! Just right for big bikes like ours.

Hung out in northern WV for a couple of days, and got home at 6PM after 13 hours on the super slabs. Was a great weekend.

B)

Got home in Kansas City last night after a nice little 13 hour 850 mile jaunt on Monday to Springfield, MO to attend a continuing education class Tuesday. Rode along with Petey, St. Louis FJR, WheatonFJR, and Smitty141. Riding with those guys does make the time and miles go by fast.

How was the fishing ZZZZip? I am going to head for WY/CO on Fri or Sat for the rest of the month on my KLR650 to go fishing and camping. Might swing through the CFO in Custer if it works out time wise. Have to unleash the KLR on those guys.

TO THE VARIOUS HOSTS/HOSTESSES. PLANNERS, ETC. Thanks for everything. An outstanding get together. As someone said earlier, just have it there again next year to settle up on all of the unfinished business. But next year, move the rain to Weds. so that we can all get there and have a rain free EOM. I must admit though, you did a good job of getting the rain out of there for Saturday's and Sunday's ride and the ride home Monday. Again, you can't be thanked enough for all of your efforts.

Chester

made it home 0515 wednesday am... had stopped in palmyra, va at a friends 400 acre farm... then found some nice roads and small town hole-in-the-wall great restaurants, until innerstate slab-it-home time... iron butt motel with the skeeters in north fla, then 100 miles of rain at o'dark-thirty... then dry until home here in west palm...

how long til the next EOM, gotta mark the calender...

i'd love to do lewisburg, va again... geezer could reprint the same shirts, just imprint "REDUX '08" over the original design...

thanks heidi and jim...

dana