Bar end guestion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
At highway speeds at about 4,000 r.p.m.s in getting vibration through the handle bars. Wondering if a heaver set of bar ends might help offset that? Has anyone else had this problem?

Different mass at bar end will change the fundamental frequency at which it resonates. It's new max amplitude will depend on the resulting energy into the system and the new "tuning" characteristics as it sits in your hands. Bottom line: different frequency (lower with more mass) and a different amplitude...not necessarily better (a completely subjective evaluation anyway).

That said, some folks around here swear by their bar end changes. Unless you're a well-exercised structural engineer, the only way to find out if the change suits you is to try it.

If you do, let us know what you think.

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue with my 07. The vibration or buzz would cause my hands to get tinglely. So since the bar end wieghts are very small I figured I would try the manic salamander bar end weights. The ones I got are 1lb each. Alot of bikes come with big heavy bar end weights from the factory for this very reason.I feel they make a big difference. I did that before I got the Heli triple clamp which does help a little more. I even tried putting the OEM wieghts back on since I put the Heli triple on and the buzz in the bars is low enough so my hands didn't get tinglely but I still felt a buzz. So on that same ride I put the 1lb bar end weights back on and it was very smooth until you get up to the higher rpm's. But 4k rpm or below it is very smooth. Not goldwing smooth but still much better than stock in my opionion.

Eric

I guess i am used to goldwing smooth have an 06, Dont mind a little vibration but my fingers to get the tingly feeling. Think i will give it a try there not that expensive if it doesnt work oh well. Thanks for you replys

Last edited by a moderator: