Bar Snake

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desmo118

Reaction score
I've sync'd the TB's, replaced the hand grips with the BMW style, installed heli risers and loosened the main throtlle return spring and it has significantly reduced the vibration in the throttle. I've noticed some cupping on the front tire and I'm going to replace it. However, I'm also considering using Liquid Bar Snake to help futher reduce vibrations. Has anyone used it on their FJR? Thanks, Tim

I ordered liquid bar snake for my '05, but after looking inside the handlebar I decided to save it for another bike. There's only room enough in each bar to put in perhaps 5-6 ounces of material, at most. IMO, that wasn't enough to bother with, and I'm a stickler for killing bar vibes. If you have yet to install some form of cruise control, do so at your next opportunity. I noticed right away that being able to relax my grip and move my arms/hands around made a HUGE difference. Pick the cruise control you like best, it will really help. I also added bigger bar end weights, which made a noticeable difference.

Some have also said that installing bar risers moved their riding position so that less weight was on the hands, resulting in less numbness in the hands. If you have shorter arms, this would help too. I have long arms, so I passed on this one.

I purchased the barend weights from Sunnyside. You can get them online at FJRGoodies.com. They have made a difference for me. And they look cool.

Try some Top Gun bar end weights. They help to reduce the vibration (which I thought was minimal anyway) but they look GREAT on the bike. I agree, not enough room in the bars to put in enough to do any good.

Clicky here for Top Gun bar end pics and link

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll get the bar-end weights but, I'm also going to sync the TB's between 3500-4000rpm instead of just at idle. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Didn't someone try synching the TB's at higher RPM and suck the mercury into the bike or something to that effect? Seems I remember the consensus was do it at idle?

Try some Top Gun bar end weights. They help to reduce the vibration (which I thought was minimal anyway) but they look GREAT on the bike. I agree, not enough room in the bars to put in enough to do any good.
Clicky here for Top Gun bar end pics and link
I have the Top Gun weights on there almost 2 years, and they did nothing for the vibes.

The best thing I found for comfort (I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists) was a set of Grand touring grips from the Tacki company. Curved, larger diameter in the middle, they immediately took a lot of pressure off the wrists.

Just my $.02