*%$!@*! Bastard RadioHowie FJR Fund

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for me to chime in here with something other than one of my typical asshat replies.

I can not begin to describe my gratitude to everyone that has contributed and participated in this endeavour.

Particular thanks MUST go out to SkooterG who, despite my wishes in the original "For Sale" thread, pretty much told me to pound sand and got the ball rolling. As an early adopter in this finest of motorcycle forums on the web, Skoot is one of the guys here who's kept me "honest", mostly by being an asshat himself. For the longest time, I thought he was just a grumpy old bastard, taking pleasure at hammering me on every occasion. He really IS a grumpy old bastard who takes pleasure at hammering me on every occasion, but he showed me something a lot of you who know him personally are probably already aware of.....he's an aces guy who helped a fella out. Thanks, Greg.

Special thanks also go to Joe2Lmaker who kindly offered his time and PayPal account to collect the funds from all of you. Joe, I'm gonna need those PAIR block-offs soon! :yahoo: I also haven't forgotten that I've got a fuel pump flange to send you. :) I'll get with you in PM to detail the transfer.

Also big hugs and kisses to my forum brudda, Barry, aka BustaNut Joker...his contribution of the custom plaques for auction was a big part in keeping the cause alive.

I won't try to list everyone who helped out, 'cause so many did, but special mention goes out to Beemerdons, FredW, Johnny80s, MadMike2, ShinyPartsUp, dsmack, majicmaker, snikr, Mizz Bustanut, Wheaties, Old Michael, Shane Stump, dcarver, Eric (OCfjr), Thug (we're gonna start a collection for you, soon, to buy you a neck), v65, and Mike (Patriot).

This list is terribly incomplete, and in no way ranks anyone in any manner of gratitude. There's just no way I can thank you all for what you've done.

While one might think my biggest wish is to get my beautiful Silver Streak back on the highway, that actually ranks a distant third -- to a wish of safe riding, long life and happy times to everyone on the greatest motorcycle forum in the known sky. My second hope is to meet some of you one day in the not-to-distant future. Soon as the Streak is up and running, I'm heading south to visit my brothers down on the Gold Coast...you know who you are...then to turn north and pay a visit to Walt and Mike. I'm about 20,000 miles behind where I should be and the miles will be racking up soon, the good Lord willing.

You guys up North and out West, it's a dream of mine to meet you all one day. You Cali Boys (and girls) would be a ton-o-fun to ride with.

Again, to everyone, whether you were able to contribute or not, will never be forgotten by RadioHowie.

ps: I've begun chronicling the next phase to get back on the road HERE. Come join the fun.

'Howie

Last edited by a moderator:
RH,

Does this mean you are going to show me around Florida next February when I ride out to Tampa for the PVA Show :clapping: !

You should be back on TWO-WHEELS by then!!!

I am glad we could all pitch in to help one of our own!

Best Regards,

Shane

P.S. My contribution came with my famous 18" warranty ... that is, what I gave you is YOURS and I don't ever want to hear about it again (no expressed warranty)!

$1.877.96? Not to bad folks. :clapping:
However, I've heard some disturbing news... :( Howie has given up on his scoot and is using the money for a new ride.

20080217044532.jpg

I see he's already a member on the Briggs and Stratton forum :huh:

:jester:
I heard he was importing this one:

German2010Model.jpg

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: !

Best regards,

Shane

RH,
Does this mean you are going to show me around Florida next February when I ride out to Tampa for the PVA Show :clapping: !
YOU BET YER ASS!!

my famous 18"
Dream on, Shane....dream on. :blink:

18" (in six quick threes) :rofl:

I heard he was importing this one:
German2010Model.jpg
So THAT'S what your new K-Bike looks like?

Not impressed!

:fuck:
I think you mean 3x6 (packs of Optimator) :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: !

No, I am not mistaken....the model for new new BMW speedster said he and you WERE BF :p !

I will send a PM when I am in your neck of the woods... the PVA show is in mid-February and I am hoping I can leave it mostly to my partner & Director of Marketing (they don't need a dumb-ass software engineer at a show)!!

Best regards,

Shane

Also big hugs and kisses to my forum brudda, Barry, aka BustaNut Joker...his contribution of the custom plaques for auction was a big part in keeping the cause alive.
Shit! See what happens when I try and be nice?? What the Hell did I do to deserve this punishment??

Brudda? Fer Chissakes!!!! Why,.. I'd almost rather share a cell with odot again B) Ummm ya know odots me brother right?

Ha! that makes you his brother too!! :wub:

You phuckers that won the wood hunks? Well ya'd better send me the money back.

Hey, thanks Steve,

Barry

RH......Once you get that FJR back on the road and make it up my way (Vermont) I'm sure Fred W and I can show you around.

Tom

then to turn north and pay a visit to Walt and Mike. 'Howie
ah, man, now I have to move

and on that piece of diatribe:

Simpsons_Homer_crying.gif

<seriously, you're a class act, Steve...>
Patriot,

Would you like to meet for a ride & dinner next time I am down? My partner lives in Metairie!

Our office is off of Causeway!

Best Regards,

Shane

I don't know about the rest of these guys but I'm expecting payback. Florida losing to LSU will do. ;)

I don't know about the rest of these guys but I'm expecting payback. Florida losing to LSU will do. ;)
V, I got yer steenkin' payback right here!

BustaBow.jpg
Even though I have sipping the Spaten Optimator. I can't agree with y'all more abut Florita beating LSU... it makes my life easier! :yahoo: !

Best Regards.

Shane