BeemerDonS crashes, is in hospital.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to really miss the daily weather reports of how great Arizona's weather is and too bad for those of us in the polar vortex.

Don, it turns out dirt hurts! Heal well and quickly my friend.

*snip*
This was one hell of a painful way to get out of paying for a round of margaritas on our ride in Mexico next month.
It's still hard for me to believe he was going fast enough to hurt himself....

sad.png
Don told me that he had geared down from 3rd to 2nd for the corner and might have been going about 20 mph when he came off the bike. The only problem is that when we get that old we don't bounce but rather just go splat.

Based on my own personal experience with shoulder and knee surgeries I'm thinking Don will be back on the bikes by the late fall. The doctors have already told him it may take up to a year to be back to full strength.

Bummer Beemer! An Irishmen was being examined by the doctor and said "Doc I broke my leg in two places" the Doc said "next time stay away from those places" Ba Rump Bump. Get well soon every one is pulling for you.

Off the internet since Friday; just now reading through this.

With a by-your-leave, sir: An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman sit at a bar and each order a beer, only to find a fly has landed in each of their glasses. The Englishman says "Good heavens, barkeep! This place is filthy and I will never return!", then leaves in a huff. The Scot considers following the Englishman out, but sits back down and says "Oh, well it's just a little fly." He carefully fishes it out of the glass before drinking his beer. The Irishman deftly picks up the fly and, holding it above his glass, leans in close and shouts "SPIT IT OUT YE ROTTEN BUGGER!"

Papa Chuy: Mis mejores deseos para una recuperación complete, es verdad, beemerdons! JSNS!

[Physical therapy is your friend; btdt twice so far. And in my experience(s), fit females seem to be the more skilled therapists. No kidding.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know shit happens and that's a bad case of it, but on the bright side, you're still on the right side!

Hope your pain eases quickly and you can move on.

I just got off the phone with Don at about 2 PM Arizona time and he had the surgery for his shoulder this morning. I asked him what they replaced it with and he said that the doctor told him that he might want to actually just go with using a bone replacement instead of titanium since titanium may cause you to lose some mobility. He said since he rides motorcycles he may want to avoid using the titanium to get more of that mobility back. I asked him what they use for the bone replacement and he said he wasn't sure yet. He said the doctor will come in to brief him later on what they actually did.

I just got off the phone with Don at about 2 PM Arizona time and he had the surgery for his shoulder this morning. I asked him what they replaced it with and he said that the doctor told him that he might want to actually just go with using a bone replacement instead of titanium since titanium may cause you to lose some mobility. He said since he rides motorcycles he may want to avoid using the titanium to get more of that mobility back. I asked him what they use for the bone replacement and he said he wasn't sure yet. He said the doctor will come in to brief him later on what they actually did.
It's from a cadaver. I've got a buddy that had that done. Better than that man made stuff. Don't tell him...

smile.png

BTW, Thanks for the update!!

My guess is that they used his peter as a bone replacement. At his age it's probably useless anyways and actually be of benefit here.

All that being said, I am not a medical doctor, so they may have used his funny bone instead.

I have been on the road for a couple of days and just saw this. Damn. Sorry to hear about the crash. It looks like the doctors have things under control and Don will be back on his motorcycles in short order.

If this is the case, then he will probably be able to raise his arm about high enough to buckle his belt!
Bwahahahahahaha.

Someone needs to get him his computer. I mean he's laying around in a hospital and missing some good stuff here.

Been out off the internet since last week and was not happy to see this thread pop up Don.

Sounds like things are moving along with the surgeries and hopefully your healing period is not to extensive.

Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery.

You'll be back on your bikes soon!

If this is the case, then he will probably be able to raise his arm about high enough to buckle his belt!
Bwahahahahahaha.

Someone needs to get him his computer. I mean he's laying around in a hospital and missing some good stuff here.
I talked to him just a bit ago. He sounded very coherent. It shouldn't be long I reckon....

edit:

Drugs can do things tho.

He may not post for a month or 2...

"I talked to him just a bit ago. He sounded very coherent...."

He's definitely heavily drugged.

Oh crap, I just saw this. I hope the pain you're going through is being managed with the meds. Shitty deal?? We all know the risks we take every time we ride but hate hearing about these get offs? Especially to such a good guy. It sounds like you've got a great family and friend support system but if there's anything I could do to help don't hessitate to ask. I live in East Mesa and about 1/2 hr from Chandler.

Best wishes, Mike

Don, Don, Don,

Shit. Had to hear about this while out of town attending to one of your Irish cousins. Just got back to a computer.

Personally, I didn't read all eight pages so I don't know if anyone else has got dibs on Giselle, but hey, better late than never.

Seriously, you are in this man's 1/4 Irish 1/2 Catholic's prayers. Get back out there soon.

Markie Mark

Latest posts