Been thinking about a cruiser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An MSF:ERC "coach" showed up on his when his Yamaha tourer's battery croaked on him that morning. He did all the demonstrations on it. Not much cornering clearance. Everything that looks good when parked but what I wouldn't want in a bike that gets ridden.

Hey man, I have a sweet one here that I am selling if you are not set on getting a Rune. Plus you live in WV, I could ride it up to ya. It is listed on the classifieds section.

aero05_AVCBV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone had a Rune in a parking lot by where I live a few months ago. It looked as impressive in person as it does in the pictures. The workmanship and finish were really nice. I got curious so I looked at Craig's list and found this if your interested...

Honda Rune Motorcycle 05 - $16950

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: [email protected]

Date: 2007-11-24, 10:40AM PST

2005 CA model - 3700 miles. Illusion blue, chrome wheels, rear-set handlebars. Many upgrades including LED lights, rear pegs, Kisan Tailblazer brake lights.

I just saw....

Two Runes sitting on the floor at Team Mr. in El Paso Texas.

Both a beautiful deep darkish red. Looked new. Those are

some sweet looking bikes. Would love to have one myself.

Team Mr. 6020 Gateway Blvd El Paso, TX (915) 779-8500

Tom

Dealer in RI has one on the floor for a significant discount. Let me know if you want more info
Thanks, but I've noticed steep discounts around here too. That's why I wondered if anyone here had one, to see if they liked it or not. Will never give up my FJR, just thinking about adding to the stable.

Dealer in RI has one on the floor for a significant discount. Let me know if you want more info
Thanks, but I've noticed steep discounts around here too. That's why I wondered if anyone here had one, to see if they liked it or not. Will never give up my FJR, just thinking about adding to the stable.

Look here for a Rider Mag test of the Rune.

Last edited by a moderator:
They only made a limited number of them, probably a good thing since they didn't sell well. I have a friend that both he and his wife have a rune and they love them. I don't care for the looks myself.

Look here for a Rider Mag test of the Rune.
Thanks Charlie, good informative article. Wow, that sucker weighs almost 900 lbs. Don't know if I could get her off the kickstand!

Just imagine driving a two wheeled Buick LaSabre. Guy I know in Oscoda a couple hours north of me has one that I rode once. Nice ride when you're up to speed but hell in the parking lots, and don't even try a u turn unless ya gots three lanes.

Gets all kinds of attention too.

I'd say buy a wing.

:jester:

Rune:

Load capacity: 275 lbs. -- some guys I know (all geared-up) would overload it!

It does have 1100 watts of electrical power -- maybe make a good....hybrid?

Looks like 30 mpg would be about as good as it would get?

I'd guess that all these practical things just may not be too important to a potential buyer..... :huh: :blink:

av-665.jpg
<---- I'd guess that all these practical things just may not be too important to a potential buyer..... :blink: :lol:

The Rune is an amazing piece of motorcycle technology. It's also a stunning creation from a concept bike point of view. The front suspension itself is an engineering feat. It would make a great addition to a wealthy collectors stable.

Would I be interested in owning one myself? No. I feel that I already own two of the best three bikes available. The other one is the Honda VFR.