Belvidere, IL, Hammertime Sports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLASH G

Reaction score
Just a note to anyone traveling through Rockford or Belvidere IL--I've dealt with Hammertime Sports a few times and experienced poor service set-up and have paid to much when I purchased parts and considered purchasing one of their Shoie helmets on display.

First off I went in and talked with the service dept. about getting a new ECU put on my 07 FJR per the letter I received from Yamaha. I was told it costs them (the dealership) $1000. dollars if I fail to bring the bike in after they order and get the ECU. So they stated the only way they would do the service is for me to bring my bike in and then they would order the part in which will take about a week for them to get. I said " why would I not bring the bike in when the part arrives"? The service person told me that didn't matter and that I would have to bring the bike in and let it sit there for a week while their waiting to have the part delivered. Previously, at the same visit I tried on a Shoei X-11 helmet and asked what the price was. I was told $689.99 which is the highest I've ever heard an X-11 costing. While not getting anywhere with the service dept. the counter salesperson came in and said they were having a grand opening ( annual grand opening) this weekend and that they would sell me the helmet at a discounted $623.99. Well if memory serves me right isn't that the manufacturers suggested retail price without any kind of discount attached? I think so, which is pretty easy to see doing a little internet searching.

At a time before this visit I had called around a little to get a price on an extended warranty for a four year term. I was told $680. through Hammertime and I ended up getting one for $450. elsewhere. A time before that I purchased oil and an oil filter that cost me almost double through Hammertime rather than over the internet.

All said I wouldn't recommend their service to anyone and unless you want to pay top dollar for parts or riding apparel I'de keep going on to the next town to find better!

Last edited by a moderator:
My third time posting in reply to this thread. The other 2 were deleted.

My experience with Hammertime has been the same as stated above, and I was told the exact same thing as martym in regards to the ECU service.

I would rather ride to Cullman than give business to this shop. I had a budy who thought it would be funny to let all the nitrogen( he thought was air) out of my rear shock on my 06 zx6r. Well I rode 40 minutes out to this shop on a Saturday. When I got to the service desk they said on certain bikes they can refill the shock with out having to remove it from the motorcycle, but it would be 2 hours before they can even tell me if mine was a candidate or not. Meanless to say I'm going to sit there for 2 hours to have them tell me to go home and take the shock off. So I did just that. I come straight back with the shock in hand( hours later) and dropped it off and told them to call me when it was done. Hour or so later I get a phone call saying the shock was done and can be picked up. When I get there 1 of the mechanics at the service desk said it would of been ao 2 minute job it I would of left it on my bike. I have not gone back since.

Last edited by a moderator: