Big Bear Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not understand. Just trying to give some local knowledge.
Big Bear is really pretty this time of year. Just be prepared for possible summer monsoon storms. It is very possible for it to be raining at that time...
please don't take any offense, am just mostly don't like staying in woodsy towns, they are much to quite for my taste, i need something with some noise that all, am sure it's very nice to stay there!

Slappy can you edit the first post to include the date of the ride, meet points and times. That way if something changes we all don't have to search through the threads to find it.

My wife and I did a pre run up to big bear this morning. I scoped out the starbucks in Redlands off the 10/30 and it looks to be a good place to meet. There is a gas station up the street that is right before we head up the hill. The address is 627 Orange St, Redlands, CA 92374. For those that need pics

102_3507.jpg

The ride was nice with great scenery and the weather was perfect. 85'ish most of the day.This is my favorite pic of the day

102_3519.jpg

He was around a corner and lucky for me I was taking it easy for the wife to snap some pics :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also a "possible" for this ride. I normally only get to ride on Sundays due to the kids sporting committments. However, as the kids won't be back at school this Saturday ride should be fine. I will confirm a couple of days prior to the ride.

LAroo

This will be for all SoCal and those that wish to travel great distance to join us for a ride up to Big Bear.
I would like to use this striclty for the finalized ride. Please post here if you are interested. The meeting point(s) and route will be finalized in the next couple of weeks. This will be a day ride. After all its only 108 from Down Town San Diego to Big Bear City.

As of 7/23/08

We will be meeting up at Starbucks near the highway 10/30 intersection on August 23, 2008 and will be departing at 9am with the intent of having brunch/lunch in Big Bear. Address of Starbucks and basic ride outline soon to come. For the San Diego area people we will be meeting at the Starbucks near North County Fair and group riding up for those interested. Time is in question because Im not sure how long it will take to get from there to the 10/30 intersection.

IN

Slappy

NeilSanDiego

FJRBluesman

Skuehl

LowLevelFJRPilot

Jordylad

FJSTAR

Tonyrob

Sin_loki :D

POSSIBLE

GunMD

YNOTRIDE

FJamR

LAroo

I am confirmed as a definite, possible, maybe!

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :assassin: :yahoo: :dribble: :yahoo: :blink: :yahoo: :glare: :yahoo: :rolleyes: :yahoo: <_< :yahoo:

may have some one from work that may want to "join in". i will see later in time.

you guys don't mind a hiosung (spelling?) joining do you? it would be his "first" long distance ride.

Actually i kinda like the look of it, would be nice in a 1000.

I just remembered i have a reunion on the 23rd, will check with the boss on timing and let you know.

As a side note there is a weekend planned in laughlin early November (separate thread posted)

I am also looking into a ride up to Norcal or Southern Oregon late sept or early Oct.....

Just a heads up.

R

This will be for all SoCal and those that wish to travel great distance to join us for a ride up to Big Bear.
I would like to use this striclty for the finalized ride. Please post here if you are interested. The meeting point(s) and route will be finalized in the next couple of weeks. This will be a day ride. After all its only 108 from Down Town San Diego to Big Bear City.

As of 7/23/08

We will be meeting up at Starbucks near the highway 10/30 intersection on August 23, 2008 and will be departing at 9am with the intent of having brunch/lunch in Big Bear. Address of Starbucks and basic ride outline soon to come. For the San Diego area people we will be meeting at the Starbucks near North County Fair and group riding up for those interested. Time is in question because Im not sure how long it will take to get from there to the 10/30 intersection.

IN

Slappy

NeilSanDiego

FJRBluesman

Skuehl

LowLevelFJRPilot

Jordylad

FJSTAR

Tonyrob

sin loki

POSSIBLE

GunMD

YNOTRIDE

FJamR

Fairlaner

LAroo

so... when are we going to finalize this ride up, it be only two weekends away.....

so far we have a great start and a meet-up point, but the ride itself still seams is a bit foggy (to me anyway).

so... when are we going to finalize this ride up, it be only two weekends away.....so far we have a great start and a meet-up point, but the ride itself still seams is a bit foggy (to me anyway).
Hey Sin Loki -

I noticed that Slappy hasn't been on since July 31. Maybe he's on vacation...? I left a message on his work phone (we work at the same place) and haven't recieved a call back yet. If he is on vacation, he should resurface early next week.

In the mean time, maybe Dan (ynotride) can firm up the route since you were able to put up a route in the earlier post?

Do I have the following correct...?

Depart Time

9 AM

Meet Location

627 Orange St, Redlands, CA 92374

Route

(TBD click here for Dan's suggested route)

Anyone have any suggestions for a lunch location?

(...hey Slappy, give me a call!...)

so... when are we going to finalize this ride up, it be only two weekends away.....so far we have a great start and a meet-up point, but the ride itself still seams is a bit foggy (to me anyway).
Hey Sin Loki -

I noticed that Slappy hasn't been on since July 31. Maybe he's on vacation...? I left a message on his work phone (we work at the same place) and haven't recieved a call back yet. If he is on vacation, he should resurface early next week.

In the mean time, maybe Dan (ynotride) can firm up the route since you were able to put up a route in the earlier post?

Do I have the following correct...?

Depart Time

9 AM

Meet Location

627 Orange St, Redlands, CA 92374

Route

(TBD click here for Dan's suggested route)

(...hey Slappy, give me a call!...)
The last I heard from slappy was that he agreed to the above meeting spot and he was thinking of leaving the route kind of open to anything. He kind of figured we could meet there and head up the hill and just kind of play it by ear. If that doesnt work for everyone and slappy doesnt chime in before next week I would be more then happy to throw a loop together that will work for everyone.

As for lunch I cant really help out my favorite place is called grizzly manor but it is a small (10seat) little hole in the wall and wouldnt work to good for a big group like we will have.

i wish i could join you guys on this ride, but i'll be camping that weekend. i take day rides to Big Bear often.

for lunch i can recommend Old Country Inn. aside frome having very good food, they have a huge patio that can accomodate the group. i like the hot meatloaf sandwich for lunch and for dinner i like the pork schnitzel. if potato pancakes are a choice for your side, get them!

https://www.oldcountryinn.net/

have fun and ride safe!

i wish i could join you guys on this ride, but i'll be camping that weekend. i take day rides to Big Bear often.

for lunch i can recommend Old Country Inn. aside frome having very good food, they have a huge patio that can accomodate the group. i like the hot meatloaf sandwich for lunch and for dinner i like the pork schnitzel. if potato pancakes are a choice for your side, get them!

have fun and ride safe!
instead of maple syrup, use ketchup, very interesting.....

have fun and ride safe!
instead of maple syrup, use ketchup, very interesting.....
LOL...no, not like that. they're more like hash browns than pancakes. and you eat them with sour cream. good stuff.