Big Bear Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isnt going to be one of my normal rides. This is not an organized ride. This is I am going to Big Bear and if you dont want to ride alone your more than welcome to join me. I havent been up to Big Bear all year so its time I took a trip up there. If you want to come your more than welcome. Will have lunch at the usual spot. I will grab people at 8:30 at the shell off the 15 near Temecula and a final pee spot at the starbucks in Redlands. taking the 38 to big bear. Stop for lunch the over to Arrowhead for a pee stop then for those in all points south Ill be taking the 10 over to Idylwild. Then depending on peoples butts either down to Warner Springs and on home or cut across 79 back to 15 and home.
Any chance of a little more location detail so those of us coming from the west might join in? We would come down the 210 to the 15 and hope to find a meeting spot thereish?

ULEWZ- I might be in for Big Bear.

Need to check calendar for 10-15 and with the warden for clearance.

I let you know soon.

MsNASCAR said if there isn't a larger participation, the brownies will not be forthcoming. :(

Let's do the math, less riders = more brownies left over = more for me.

Fair enough in my book.

Agree?
Already did the nuclear option, man! I'll have to bring a container for a brownie care package home. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a maybe on this.....was just wondering if we were doing a big bear this year, and Slappy popped up. Waiting to see if a run up to Oregon and down the coast with a couple other riders pans out, so far things are falling apart......as usual.......lol.... :blink:

I would like to go but now that I am a grand pa I will be spending that weekend watching my grand son. Dont get to see him but a few times a year. Have a great ride, be safe and I cant wait to see you all another time.

Who is this Johnny80s character? I dont remember what he looks like. I think I remember seeing him one time eating a giant rib eye with a baked potato chaser while riding a 2007 FJR up the twisities on Palomar.

Thanks, that will work. Now I just need some more valley-ites to join in.
Put me down as a maybe, sounds like a good ride but my wife has been lamenting (as only a wife can) her motorcycle widow status of late.

Thanks, that will work. Now I just need some more valley-ites to join in.
Put me down as a maybe, sounds like a good ride but my wife has been lamenting (as only a wife can) her motorcycle widow status of late.
Make it work people (in my best Tim Gunn voice). :blink:

This might be our last chance for quite a while before the weather gets bad up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
SFV guys who have done this ride before, any guesses for when we might make it back to the 818? I have an obligation at 5:30 p.m. that day.

SFV guys who have done this ride before, any guesses for when we might make it back to the 818? I have an obligation at 5:30 p.m. that day.
I hope to be home long before then. we can leave early if time starts being an issue. I would guess back at 4 or sooner.

I'm in...........

ULEWZ-Were shall the valley(village) people meet,then ride to Redlands.
Great, since we will be taking the 118 to the 210, then maybe at the 7/11 off Osborne (little T entrance)? I am open to suggestions. I come up Balboa to the 118, so anywhere past there is fine for me.

I'm upgrading myself from a maybe to an almost for sure.
Great. We can always leave early if it looks like time will be an issue.

I'm in...........

ULEWZ-Were shall the valley(village) people meet,then ride to Redlands.
Great, since we will be taking the 118 to the 210, then maybe at the 7/11 off Osborne (little T entrance)? I am open to suggestions. I come up Balboa to the 118, so anywhere past there is fine for me.

I'm upgrading myself from a maybe to an almost for sure.
Great. We can always leave early if it looks like time will be an issue.

Be careful out there...

colbert%20threat%20down%20bears.jpg