Big Hit in Eastern Wyoming, Healing the Weeks After a Get Off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious: since you'll never again go through airport security without beeping, will Homeland Security issue you some kind of "special membership" card? (And that's an awesome X-ray -- in a slightly morbid way.)
I guess we'll find out. I have been a member of the "trusted traveler" program for a year now and haven't had to go through screening since the getoff. I'll found out in December how it goes. I hear suggestions from different people that it will be no issue and also that they always get beeped and carry a letter from their doctor.

Thanks for the update, never though I'd see sheep at your office
wink.png
$150 for Legos? Glad I kept the two huge containers stuffed with Legos from 20 years ago, I'm loaded now.
Well, besides my $150 retail adventure...I did pick up a 20 pound container and loose Legos seem to run $3-$4 a pound on various CL lists.

Dang Matt, that's an x-ray. Glad your feeling better. Take it easy at work but keep going. It'll help you heal faster. I hope you're utilizing FMLA. That will help with the random and "excessive" days off when your just too tired for a full day of work.

Be careful getting that pilot's license. If you hit a sheep with one of those, it's gonna be really bad. Especially since sheep don't fly!

Now, about the size of the incisions -- my father said to always look for a surgeon with tiny hands
laugh.png
Smart man. Same applies for procto's too.

Matt - 47 ain't so bad. You WILL make it bud.

....then you can go looking for some of them Seattle chicks... and be able to do something about it!
angel.gif

If I've learned anything from this accident is that I'm now a middle-aged guy, I'm not getting younger, and now might be a good time to do another bucket list item. And doing ground school, flight school, and being able to rent a Cessna 172 on a whim sounds very interesting to me.......
A little update on this notion: I went today to my local FBO and signed up for their "Flying Club" that then got me various books at a reduced rate, free ground school to start in January, and a login to go reserve aircraft and instructors whenever I want.

I have my 8 week shoulder surgery appointment next week and will except to start physical therapy...my shoulder only has partial mobility, but you can't tell I'm still healing unless you know about it. But, I'm still at least a month or two away from wanting to start flying.

Meanwhile, 8 hours after I cracked my "The Complete Private Pilot" book page 1-13...I've already had an offer from a friend of my dad's to go flying in his 182 whenever I want.

So, another life chapter begins.......

(And I'm making plans to do some repair and deep maintenance to my 168K '05 to make it ready for this spring. Back to a Gen 1 next season.)

Can't keep a good man down. Lurking in the shadows, but keeping tabs on your progress. Always good to hear how things are moving in positive ways.

Thanks for the updates.

Best,

Paul

Thanks for the update Matt. Glad to hear that it seams to be going well both physically and mentally. I listened to your podcast interview and enjoyed your perspective. Riding motorcycles, no matter how experienced and cautious you are, is inherently risky. I have to believe that I would feel the same about getting back on given the same circumstances.

Flying is a blast. Especially in small aircraft. I have never pursued a license, but have had the opportunity to fly many times in small aircraft and even take the controls. Have fun with it!

Glad to hear things are progressing, be it slowly, in the right direction.

Have fun with getting your Pilots license. That will definitely open up another batch of interesting and fun adventures in your life.
smile.png

Thanks for sharing with us.

Be careful Matt. Those FAA approved farkles are reeaallllyy spendy.
uhoh.gif
Glad to hear you're healing and moving on with fun things

Be careful Matt. Those FAA approved farkles are reeaallllyy spendy.
uhoh.gif
Glad to hear you're healing and moving on with fun things
Yeah, I'm doing the FJR thing until I can afford to do the flying thing again. VERRRRY expensive farkles! When one radio (installed) costs more than a new FJR...
ermm.gif

I was sorry to return to the Forum yesterday and find out that Both Don and Matt had really nasty accidents earlier this year.

I wish both of them full recoveries. Time seems to be one of the most important parts of recovery. I had shoulder surgery in January of 1999 and, even though they told me that recovery would take 10 to 12 weeks, it took more like a year, maybe longer.

In any event, I am glad to know that they're both alive. It's hard to keep a good man down.

Keep up the good work.