Bike to Bike Communication

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caryb

Reaction score
Trying to find an in-expensive way to communicate between bikes. Do any of you guys have direct experience with this unit:Motocom Unit. Or do I really need to bite the bullet and go with the autocomm?

Thanks,

CaryB

Trying to find an in-expensive way to communicate between bikes.
Hand signals?

Do any of you guys have direct experience with this unit:Motocom Unit.
I had the predecessor to that unit, until it quit working, about a year after I bought it, 300 miles from home on a two-up trip. It really made things go to crap.

Or do I really need to bite the bullet and go with the autocomm?
Only if you want hassle-free, dependable, and clear communications with user-friendly and quality equipment. If so, call Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center 918.446.2245

He is the Autocom master who will lead you to enlightenment, and cut you a deal at the same time. He's tried the rest, and if there was a better value in quality comm equipment, he'd sell that.

Last time we spoke, he had some current-year units available at a good discount. I posted up about it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Motocom AB1-M. Was OK for rider only, but, for bike to bike and rider to passenger, it sucked soggy ass cheese. Reach ot to Jeff at bikeeffects.com and talk to him about a Starcom.

I have an Autocom, purchased through Ketih. Others here in NorCal have Starcom. Personally, I think they are equal. We've not had any issues from either camp and the others ride with communications to their passengers and bike-to-bike.

Both Keith and Jeff are very knowledgeable and helpful men to deal with.

Jeff @ BikeEffects supports the forum.