Bill Mayer Saddle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
As many others on the board have done, I did the ride-in thing at BMS today. Everything went very smoothly. My wife and I showed up there at 8AM and by noon we were on the road home with a very much more comforable butt. They do a nice job. Also there was Tim, a superior court judge from Salinas, on his RT1100. He's leaving to do the 4 corners ride (4 corners of the US, that is) soon and wanted a more comfortable saddle for the trip. We had some nice conversation to fill the waiting time on the BMS patio.

I'd recommend it for anyone close enough to Ojai, CA for it to make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about doing a ride-in with BMS for a while now. Do you have any suggestions? About how long was the lead time? Any options you suggest going in for?

All you California guys rub it in! :angry: :dribble: I don't know of anyone who offers this on the right coast.

Herkypilot

All you California guys rub it in! :angry: :dribble: I don't know of anyone who offers this on the right coast.
Herkypilot
I haven't found anyone who will do a custom seat for you while you wait on the east coast... but if you talk to Bill at Sargent in Jacksonville, he will set you up with a seat specifically built for you. If you visit him in Jacksonville at their production facility, he will work with you to be sure that your new seat is as close to right as can be managed with the stock seat pan.

He's a very personable guy, and when I was there last August getting a seat done, he took quite a bit of time to show off their capabilities. Its a large operation compared to the one man shows, but small compared to Corbin.

The downside is that you don't ride out with a new seat. Return shipment will depend on their backlog. Bill can give you the time frame when you call to make your appointment.

Of course they make their own standard seats for the FJR using their own designed seat pans. But I'll bet if you took an extra set of pans down there, they would work with you to build a seat following their general custom seat guidelines.

I went with their standard FJR seats because I think their seat pan has some advantages in foundation for the tractor style I prefer compared to the stock pan. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about doing a ride-in with BMS for a while now. Do you have any suggestions? About how long was the lead time? Any options you suggest going in for?

They are quite accomodating at Bill MAYER Saddles! Call them and make an appointment. I got an appt. within 10 days of my call. They do 2-4 ride-ins a day, M-F. I got the standard vinyl, the other guy that was there got the heated seat option.

Was that you heading south early in a tee and jeans? BTW, M.A.Y.E.R. He hates the other spelling.

No, my wife and I are ATGATT. You can always recognize us. We're the Black Cherry followed by the blue FZ1!