• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bill Mayer seats for Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack D

Reaction score
Bill Mayer black leather seats, front and rear both modified. These seats were on the bike when I bought it so I have no info on the height and weight riders they were made for. The front seat does not seem any higher than the stock seat. According to Mayer's website it would cost $689 to have your seats done with leather. My price for these is $350 + your seats, shipping is not included. I did not want to search for a picture hosting site so I posted the seats on craigslist. You can see the photo at

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/3694010114.html

Photo from Craigslist Ad.

3K83F63H55Lf5Ff5Mfd3k3357b6247e25136a.jpg

Can you still use the stock seat height adjustment feature with this drivers seat?
Yes, these seats are built on the FJR's original seat base.

Thanks Mike Aldea for posting the picture. I see how it was done.

I contacted the original owner of the bike that had the seats built. He has a 29" inseam and weighs 180 lbs. His wife has the same inseam and weighs 140.

This is a good deal. Already have BM seats so don't need, but your price for 2 is good.
Good luck.

How do they compare to a Day long?
The BM seat is lower and narrower and less expensive. It lets you move around on the seat while a Russell holds you in a pocket. The wide wings on a Russell force you to move forward on the seat when stopping so you can put your feet down. I have done 1000 and 1500 mile days on both brands of seats. In the course of 24 hours in the saddle you will occasionally (or more than occasionally) think about your butt. You will think about your butt less times on the Russell. If you are riding with a lot of stops at lights, etc. you will think about having to slide forward and stand on your toes at every stop with the Russell, you will not think about those things at all with the Mayer. For my in state riding I would use the Mayer, For my IBA certificate rides and rallies I would use the Russell. Don't we all wish we had the money to have a setup for every occasion?