Bluetooth MP3 players paired with a 550 Zumo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seventyss

Reaction score
Just got a Sena SMH-10 bluetooth headset and I don't have a bluetooth MP3 player. I do have a cell phone that can play music in stereo. I am struggling to get the Zumo to allow phone calls, turn by turn instructions and music. I'm at the point where I'm considering buying a bluetooth MP3 player. I don't want to spend more than $150 (less would be nice).

I think I read in one of the reviews, probably Web Bike World, that the Sena will only pair with one Stereo bluetooth device at a time. Route the phone through the Zumo 550 and then connect the Zumo to the Sena and you should be good to go.

They described the issue as a weakness in the bluetooth stereo sound standard, rather than a limitation of the Sena.

**I am not a current user but am getting ready to buy one and have been doing a lot of research in the past week or two.

You should pair your phone and headset with the Zumo, and use the Zumo's mp3 player. Note it is not stereo via bluetooth, but is if hardwired (you won't notice on the bike). I do this now with my Scala G4, no issues.

Yeah the bluetooth on the Zumo550 is mono sound. Sounds horrible for playing music. If you run a wired set of earbuds it sounds WAY better. Or just pair your MP3 player to your headset along with you zumo instead of trying route bluetooth sound through your zumo.

If you're expecting decent audio quality via any kind of BT connection, then get ready to be dissapointed. It's a convenience format not a quality one. The bandwidth simply can't do audio (beyond speach) justice.

If you're expecting decent audio quality via any kind of BT connection, then get ready to be dissapointed. It's a convenience format not a quality one. The bandwidth simply can't do audio (beyond speach) justice.

Ahhh.... I would disagree. I have several Bluetooth devices that are real stereo and the sound quality is superb. The best set i have a motorokr. I think it changed when it went to bluetooth 2.0+ ??

I would say the audio is ultra bad on the 550 aswell. I don’t even have it linked up.

Josh

I am very happy with the quality of the audio on the SMH-10. I did have bad audio when I connected the other headset. Sound became hard to hear and muddy.

Latest posts