BMW outfitted to fight fire in the UK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson

Reaction score
Here is how an article begins at Wildfire Today. Read the entire article HERE.

At least one fire department in the United Kingdom is outfitting motorcycles with fire equipment so that they can respond to and suppress or at least knock down small fires. In a six-month trial that began in August, 2010, the Mercyside Fire and Rescue Service outfitted two BMW RT1200 police-spec motorcycles with 30-meter hose reels and 25-liter water tanks which hold water and foam.

Update:

BMW fire cycles were recalled today. First evidence indicates failing rear drives are causing more fires on the way to the fires than are being put out by the soapy suds BMW crew. These bikes have been recalled to dispense beer at street corners.

Mercyside-fire-motorcycles.jpg

They were originally going to use FJR's, but the lights and siren proved too much for the FJR's electrical system. :p

Can I have one? Can I? Can I? I want one. Hmm. maybe not so good for wildland fires though!

You know, I think that tank could be adapted for use as an onboard septic system. Water tank, auxiliary fuel up top, and peepee tank. Eight to ten hours non-stop, easy! :yahoo: