Brakeaway Products Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby one

Reaction score
100_0690.jpg
100_0691.jpg
100_0692.jpg
Check out the photos of this cruise that I had seen in Road Bike Mag. I contacted them by email and it is available by phone order and costs $219.00. Has anyone had any experience with this? It looks cool and deactivates by front brake or push button. Thanks.

MO

100_0692.jpg
The 3 images must have been too big. Let me add this one of the finished product. The other was a pic of the adapter in place. Thanks,

MO

Tell us more. From what I can see of it, it looks like a mechanical throttle lock system. Does it offer any real advantages over a $30.00 Vista/NEP cruise control, or a 100.00 throttlemeister? Looks like it's a nice piece of machine work. Is that what the $219.00 buys? Let us know how it works after you've had a good chance to road test it. Thanks

P.S. Any links to a mfg../retail website?

Woooe there big fella. BROAD BAND REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!! Jeesh, take those humoungus pics OFF of there! Save some bandwidth!!!!!

No? Ok, I'll go home and use my DSL line to look see.

What's the big deal? Like sgoat said... essentially... other cc's can be had cheaper and do the same thing... unless there's more to the story...??

For me, it's not enough over the VC to justify the cost. If I "upgrade" from my VistCruise it'll be to an AudioVox CCS.

Sorry for sacrificing some bandwidth on the pics, but those are the pics that they had sent me. Even after I reformatted them they still remained "Humoungus". At Goat's request maybe it would be better to give you their website Clicky

I know that $219.00 sounds expensive but, I have recently been researching all options. Audiovox, Throttle Meister, Vista Cruise, etc... I found a vista on the shelf yesterday and the Yamma shop for $24.95. I could screw up alot of McGuyvering on the Vista and still be ahead of the price game. The Brake Away product just has a great finished look about it. I was looking for something easy to install and works well and was wondering if anyone had used this before?.? Anyone? Bueller?... Bueller? Thanks,

MO.

or should it be "WoOe BigFella" :D

The only difference between the Vista Cruise and the Brakeaway is that the Brakeaway disengages when you use the front brake. IMHO it's not worth the extra $$$

Yes, dial up sucks. It's what I have at my office. I'm not on there long enough/often enough to justify the big bucks for DSL.

I've taken pics that were over a meg (especially bitmaps), used good old PAINT on my PC to re-SKEW them down 50% or more and get most my pics for my website down to 40K jpegs. Makes it easier for the "bandwidth challenged". I still have quite a few buds that only have dial up, so I try to take it easy on them. Plus it might keep my website costs down for transfers.

The Brakeaway does look like a well machined unit, but for that kind of money, you can get the Audiovox CC and have lunch money left over.

Beautiful machined parts are to be admired. Over eight times the cost is too much for me. The cost verses the utility. TJ :dribble:

Guys,

Thanks for bringign me back down to earth. Bought and installed with minimal MacGuyvering, a Supervista today $30. Went on a 90mile ride and in a word it ROCKS! Although it isn't a true cruise like audiovox and that Aussie product (any info for a future upgrade?) but I had no, none, nada, zero, ziltch hand or wrist discomfort. And it only took me about 25 min to install from set up to clean up. WOW I'm in heaven. doing 450 miles this weekend. Not an ironbutt ride but at least I'm riding. Thanks again guys.

Later,

MO

Guys,

Thanks for bringign me back down to earth. Bought and installed with minimal MacGuyvering, a Supervista today $30. Went on a 90mile ride and in a word it ROCKS! Although it isn't a true cruise like audiovox and that Aussie product (any info for a future upgrade?) but I had no, none, nada, zero, ziltch hand or wrist discomfort. And it only took me about 25 min to install from set up to clean up. WOW I'm in heaven. doing 450 miles this weekend. Not an ironbutt ride but at least I'm riding. Thanks again guys.

Later,

MO

Guys,

Later,

MO