Brakes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Junk master.  Internal bypass.  Or, severely worn pads, with the pistons retracting due to the outer seal being overextended.  Or, loose caliper moving independently on the bolts.  Loose rotor rivets/mounting bolts.  Wheel installed improperly after tire mounting.  Satan on shoulder winning over Gabriel on other shoulder.
Satan? Gabriel? Careful now Radman, You are dangerously close to (If not already guilty of) breaking commandment #2 on the newly adopted forum guidelines which clearly states "No religious/moral philosophy crap." The literal definition of Gabriel is "Man of God." :nono: :thumbdown: :headbonk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic-

I am 99% sure that your master cylinder is the problem. Have it rebuilt. It's leaking past the initial seal back up into the reservoir.

As far as shudder...no bike clutch should shudder!!! I've noticed a trend over the last 3 years...none of the '03's do, some '04's do, and a lot of the '05's do. Same with brakes..they get spongier as the model year increases.

So much for improvement. No thanks, I'm keeping my '03!

Ah, I didn't see your reply. Wheel bearings, eh? No kidding!!!! That makes no sense why the lever went to bars, though. I don't get it.

Yep, stock Yamaha bearings are junky. I slapped in a set of CBR bearings over the winter myself. I forget what miles I had to swap them..somewhere in the 14K range, IIRC.

Same with dirt bikes, after a season of hard riding, they are goners.