Bridgestone T30 GT Tire Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn...the rear looks a lot better than mine...and I've only got between 3-3.5K miles on mine. I think the weekend in N.C. (1,600 miles) definitely took a toll on my tires.

Joe, I thrashed the end-life out of a rear PR2 that I though had loads of miles left at the SEO Ramble, and that tire came home worn smooth edge to edge. The T30s are softer and probably won't get as many miles, but when you ride rallys like SEO and then drive down to the Dragon for desert, it's like expecting MOTO GP tires to go the distance. Ain't happenin' at the pace you and Bob ride. Such is life on straight boring roads.

2,613 miles, and still holding. Not near the wear bars yet and still grip great.
Yeah, they seem ta have plenty of grip, prolly mor so than PRIIs.

I have RaceTech springs and the spacers were cut down to their recommendations, butt I rode around w/ the preload dialed ll the way out, and the front still seemed too high.

I took the forks apart, 'n cut down the spacers 'bout 3/8", turned in the preload 'bout 1/4", then raised the forks in the triple clamp 'bout 3/8", and the bike turns in 'n flicks back 'n forth much bettah now.
biggrinsmiley.gif

Herez said T30s (GT spec) w/ 'bout 4,200 mi. (Running 39 psi F 'n 41 psi R)

Front

IMG_1962_zps98fcf682.jpg

Rear

IMG_1963_zps94955b6d.jpg

Looks like I should hit my 6K mi minimum requirement fer an ST tire.
Those look great to me. I hope to get that many miles out of mine. 5,000 miles is my litmus test.

Joe, I thrashed the end-life out of a rear PR2 that I though had loads of miles left at the SEO Ramble, and that tire came home worn smooth edge to edge. The T30s are softer and probably won't get as many miles, but when you ride rallys like SEO and then drive down to the Dragon for desert, it's like expecting MOTO GP tires to go the distance. Ain't happenin' at the pace you and Bob ride. Such is life on straight boring roads.
Tom...I totally love the traction of the T30 GT's...but I could do the same to a set of PR2's and still get 10k miles from them. Maybe if I had a tire changer, I might feel differently.

P.S. wish you could have joined us in N.C. Now that was FUN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn...the rear looks a lot better than mine...and I've only got between 3-3.5K miles on mine. I think the weekend in N.C. (1,600 miles) definitely took a toll on my tires.
I've alwayz been easy on rears, w/ my standard shift '07, I used ta get 'bout 6.2 K outta a front 'n 7.2 K mi. outta a rear. I'd ease the clutch out up or down shifting, and of course always try to be smooth. With this (new to me) '07 AE it just slams, so it seems to be a little harder on rears.

Wuz rail'in all kinds of roads last weekend, in temps up to 105 degrees. These look to be wear'in 'bout the same as PRIIs for me.

Another thing I've noticed over the years; I get my worst tire mileage late winter/early spring. I think it's cuz the track road is "green."

I've alwayz been easy on rears, w/ my standard shift '07, I used ta get 'bout 6.2 K outta a front 'n 7.2 K mi. outta a rear. I'd ease the clutch out up or down shifting, and of course always try to be smooth. With this (new to me) '07 AE it just slams, so it seems to be a little harder on rears.

Wuz rail'in all kinds of roads last weekend, in temps up to 105 degrees. These look to be wear'in 'bout the same as PRIIs for me.

Another thing I've noticed over the years; I get my worst tire mileage late winter/early spring. I think it's cuz the track road is "green."
Maybe we passed each other - i was up in Bodie , came back via 108

I also am noticing the T30's are wearing like the PRII after 1500 miles, they are not as noisy and im hoping the front t30 behaves better than the prii at the end

Maybe we passed each other - i was up in Bodie , came back via 108

I also am noticing the T30's are wearing like the PRII after 1500 miles, they are not as noisy and im hoping the front t30 behaves better than the prii at the end
? I wuz up at Quincy, Lake Almanor, Lassen, Paradise 'n Oroville (Rail'in HWY 162 Bucks Lake HWY) 'bout a hundred miles north of you.

Guess I'm lucky, cuz I've never had a "noisey" tire. 'Cept maybe sum knobbies?

Barely 3000 miles:

Used in SE Ohio, WV, and Arkansas. plus the to/from highway shit. I'm still in Arkansas and riding a 695 mile route home to Chicago tomorrow.

Wear bars on the rear

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

Front:

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Mine look about the same Marty. They are fun though. I think you could get 2 rear tires to 1 front. I did pickup another set of PR2's. I'll probably just keep the front for a spare.

I have yet to ride with an FJR owner who obeyed the GD speed limit. Are you saying you have? ;)

Marty, those T30s never had a chance against the Arky cheese grater roads.

I have yet to ride with an FJR owner who obeyed the GD speed limit. Are you saying you have?
wink.png
Sometimes, when I'm by myself, out in the boonies of Northern Ontario on a beautiful sunny Sunday, I've been known to run in my bikes sweet spot for an hour or so. At a blistering 90km/h (about 50mph). Somebody catches up to me, I speed up to normal traffic speed until they pass, then back down to that sweet spot.

Unfortunately, the next sweet spot doesn't happen until about 150km/h. Which is well into lose my license on the side of the road territory.

OK, after checking my mileage record these lasted 3125.5 miles

This is about 350 miles from the wear bars.

photo%201.JPG

Another couple hundred.

photo%202.JPG

695 From the wear bars. Mostly highway.

photo%203.JPG

Up Next.. PR4

Barely 3000 miles:Wear bars on the rear...
Maybe if y'all would obey the goddamn speed limits Speed Suggestions, your tires would last a little longer.

Ever think o' that?! Ummmm... nope never thought of that.

biggrin.png

(I may have now been swayed away from these life-changing T30 GT's. ...Back to Goodyear Polyglas GTs Michelin.)
Fixed it.

So I guess I've still got about 695+/- miles to play in SE Ohio on these tires. Thanks for the info Marty

Boy this is very disapointing about the milage for the T30's. I have a set to mount next after my Roadsmart II's
2u9tz45.jpg
which have 6500m on them now.