Bridgestone T30 GT Tire Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tested the tires on medium and high speed sweepers today. I must say, I am starting to like these tires. Still has a slow turn in, but it did not slow me down one bit and was very confidence inspiring on the high speed sweepers. Love the neutral feeling.
Yeah, gotta couple thousand mi. on a set of GT spec T30s 'n be luv'in 'em.
punk.gif

Turn in's not as quick as Avon Storms, butt purdie close to PRIIs, (They turn in way quicker than the sucky, trendy, PRIIIs.) and as you so eloquently pointed out; they have a real solid/neutral feel banked over at the limit.
tonguesmiley.gif
I rode in sum drizzle'in rain, and the wet grip is excellent.

The only question now is wear; how fast are yours wear'in?
So far, so good. I will check the mileage tonight and report back.

So far I really like the turn-in and neutral feel in the turns. I'm no longer fighting the bike trying to stand up, and more turn angle seems available, where the PR2 seemed to get set in a turn and was harder to deal with a decreasing radius at speed. After hard riding in the SEO Ramble and some more riding locally in PA and WV, I like these. No funny shape developing off the center to the shoulder, and wear is evenly distributed so far. It made a big difference getting the rear tire replaced finally to match the front.

The Pilot Road tires suck so bad at the end of life, it can make any replacement feel great, but I think it's fair to say these feel smoother and more confident with an easier turn-in as a new tire so far.

Agree so far. about 1700 on the tires...

So far I really like the turn-in and neutral feel in the turns. I'm no longer fighting the bike trying to stand up, and more turn angle seems available, where the PR2 seemed to get set in a turn and was harder to deal with a decreasing radius at speed. After hard riding in the SEO Ramble and some more riding locally in PA and WV, I like these. No funny shape developing off the center to the shoulder, and wear is evenly distributed so far. It made a big difference getting the rear tire replaced finally to match the front.
The Pilot Road tires suck so bad at the end of life, it can make any replacement feel great, but I think it's fair to say these feel smoother and more confident with an easier turn-in as a new tire so far.

Agree so far. about 1700 on the tires...

I'm liking them too...got right about the same miles Marty. Definitely wore more off of the sides than the centers riding SE Ohio.

Between the new tires and lubing the brake and shifter pivots, I think I'm in heaven. So nice when everything clicks.

Great information Tom!

If I hadn't just picked up [another] set of closeout 023GTs, these T30s would be on the FJR next. Guess I'll be waiting a few months to try the T30s or take more time off work...I like the latter but it'll probably be the former!

--G

Tested the tires on medium and high speed sweepers today. I must say, I am starting to like these tires. Still has a slow turn in, but it did not slow me down one bit and was very confidence inspiring on the high speed sweepers. Love the neutral feeling.
Yeah, gotta couple thousand mi. on a set of GT spec T30s 'n be luv'in 'em.
punk.gif

Turn in's not as quick as Avon Storms, butt purdie close to PRIIs, (They turn in way quicker than the sucky, trendy, PRIIIs.) and as you so eloquently pointed out; they have a real solid/neutral feel banked over at the limit.
tonguesmiley.gif
I rode in sum drizzle'in rain, and the wet grip is excellent.

The only question now is wear; how fast are yours wear'in?
So far, so good. I will check the mileage tonight and report back.
Only 1,714 miles so far. Not enough for a good report, but they look like new.

Thanks for the great reviews guys. Need to step out of some Avons that I replaced after wearing the set from the PO. The rear is okay, quick wear but the front feels like it fell apart inside with only 2k miles on it. The last front was so far out of round I figured the rim was bent. Not sure what the problem is with the Avons but never again. I ran the P2's on my ZZR but wasn't sure what to run on the FJR. Your reviews and others are pointing me to the T30's.

10,000 miles, got the cord all way around the rear, but fronts look new on 23 GT's. Going with the T30's just because. If they handle like like the the 23's, but can get more off the center tread....well, I'll be very happy. Flatistan will kill the centers!

Thanks for the great reviews guys. Need to step out of some Avons that I replaced after wearing the set from the PO. The rear is okay, quick wear but the front feels like it fell apart inside with only 2k miles on it. The last front was so far out of round I figured the rim was bent. Not sure what the problem is with the Avons but never again. I ran the P2's on my ZZR but wasn't sure what to run on the FJR. Your reviews and others are pointing me to the T30's.
Yeah Avons were mah favorite tires, butt after a couple of them outta round ones, I say no way.

Michelin can take their, over priced, silly little "sipes" tires 'n put 'em where the sun don't shine!

Bridgestone T30 @ GT's $224 a set fer me baby.
punk.gif

Just got back from the Appalachian campout running the T30's. just under 1500 miles, but I love them so far. They performed great and we put them to the test on the Dragon. When we got to Deals Gap the tires looked like track day with balled up rubber on the sides. Got home last night and the tire still looks new. I was 2-up and towing a trailer, also. (just 2-up on the Dragon, no trailer!)

Just got back from the Appalachian campout running the T30's. just under 1500 miles, but I love them so far. They performed great and we put them to the test on the Dragon. When we got to Deals Gap the tires looked like track day with balled up rubber on the sides. Got home last night and the tire still looks new. I was 2-up and towing a trailer, also. (just 2-up on the Dragon, no trailer!)
When I got home from the camping weekend (1,592 miles), the rear was almost to the wear bars...probably have around 3,000 - 3,500 mile on it
weirdsmiley.gif
. I don't think the T30 GT tire is going to be a high mileage tire, even it you don't trash them in one weekend. Although the grip is great.

When I got home from the camping weekend (1,592 miles), the rear was almost to the wear bars...probably have around 3,000 - 3,500 mile on it
weirdsmiley.gif
. I don't think the T30 GT tire is going to be a high mileage tire, even it you don't trash them in one weekend. Although the grip is great.
Not what I wanted to hear. I have one track day on mine and about 1,500 miles and was hoping they would be good for the July gathering. I may have to order another rear just in case.

weirdsmiley.gif
Not what I wanted to hear. I have one track day on mine and about 1,500 miles and was hoping they would be good for the July gathering. I may have to order another rear just in case.
Right...I was hoping this tire would be a good replacement for the PR2.

Maybe try a T30 on the front matched with the PR2 (or 3 or 4) on the rear.

I think that the thing that makes the Michelins feel crummy as they get old is the front tire with all that siping gets all chopped up. The rears seem fine to me. I've been running the 023GTs up front and PR2s in the back with good success.

Just need to find a new front now that the 023GTs are obso.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Avons a lot. Haven't had an out of round one yet. The PR2s would be handling impaired after half the life of the tires. It only got worse from there. Can't get as many miles with the avons, but they handle good almost to the end. My current Avon Storm 2 front is past the wear bars on the left side with minimal cupping and still handles better then any Michelins I've run that far. I have a set of the closeout 23GTs ready to put on, and FJRMGM tells me I will like them. We'll see..... If I like them I may have to try the 30s.

GP

2,613 miles, and still holding. Not near the wear bars yet and still grip great.
Yeah, they seem ta have plenty of grip, prolly mor so than PRIIs.

I have RaceTech springs and the spacers were cut down to their recommendations, butt I rode around w/ the preload dialed ll the way out, and the front still seemed too high.

I took the forks apart, 'n cut down the spacers 'bout 3/8", turned in the preload 'bout 1/4", then raised the forks in the triple clamp 'bout 3/8", and the bike turns in 'n flicks back 'n forth much bettah now.
biggrinsmiley.gif

Herez said T30s (GT spec) w/ 'bout 4,200 mi. (Running 39 psi F 'n 41 psi R)

Front

IMG_1962_zps98fcf682.jpg

Rear

IMG_1963_zps94955b6d.jpg

Looks like I should hit my 6K mi minimum requirement fer an ST tire.

Last edited by a moderator: