Bulk push pin plastic rivet quick connectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John d

Reaction score
These things break, fall into the fairing, disappear into thin air, blah, blah, blah........

I'd like to buy a package of them instead of going to my closest dealer who doesn't even stock them.....imagine that!

I found this site that has packages of ten cheap, but don't know if I should buy the small or large ones.....any idea?

Does anybody have another source, US or Canada?

Those are the best price I've seen, but since the difference between large and small is not known, why not send them a note asking what hole size and length of shank.

Last time I got some from Cyclemax Ohio, who will ship USPS. These will fit into a 6-7 mm hole and they will clamp 3-5 mm thicknesses.

https://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/77079

I don't know if the ones on that web site are the right size or not. You should be able to match up what you need at your local Home Depot or Lowes. I don't know about your Gen 2, but on the Gen 1 FJR there are at east three different plastic rivets, two sizes of push type and one size with a phillips screw head. Of the push type the smaller ones are more common, but again, I don't know if that matches up with the ones on the web site.

I bulk kit like this for $35 for 164 count is in my future. for the next time I have to pull panels on the bike or my kids car.

Most of which are threaded from 6 to 10mm.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Acura-Push-Type-Retainer-Assortment/dp/B0040CX2ZE/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

41D1yinuXYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I buy mine from Fastenall. They have yet to let me down. I think they are nationwide.

So much for Warped Toys. Their only shipping option on their order page to Canada is UPS....$128.26 for a $4.70 item. :rolleyes:

FJRay,

I've been to Fastenal a few times but didn't realize they had them. Looking at their website, it seems they aren't exactly the same, but some items would probably do the trick fine.

RaYzerman,

I ordered from Cyclemax. $8.00 for 10, only $3.50 for shipping. The price is right.

Thanks.

Thanks, I bought a couple of packs from cyclemax. By the time shipping was factored in, they were a good $8-9 less than warped toys (US address)

Duhhhhh

Once again, I shoulda checked with you guys before buying. I just left the Yammie shop, and ordered 10 (just to have a couple extra) of the philips style fasteners to replace the four that are missing from the bottom of the left plastic side panel under the rider's thigh.

Wish I'd known that these things could be ordered elsewhere. They charged me 30 some odd dollars total and I gotta wait several days to get em.

Ouch.

Gary

darksider #44

I just go to FJR rallies. Lots of spare parts at rallies!

:rolleyes:

So THAT is what you were doing on the ground late Saturday night in Nakusp. Here I thought you'd just (finally) passed out LOL

;)