WTF happened to car electrical systems in the 90s?!?!?!?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, a Vega was a little bit different....... One of GM's first aluminum blocks (at least without liners,) and one of their first overhead cams.... Still, we had a '75 Monza that had the Vega motor, and got good life out of it. That shifter in the Monza was among the best I've ever used, second only to my son's '94 Miata, even though it only had 4 speeds!
The head warped. It was awful. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. :)

That shifter in the Monza was among the best I've ever used, second only to my son's '94 Miata, even though it only had 4 speeds!
Thanks for kicking the memory! I got to play around in a few Monzas and you're right, they were fun to go up and down with. (Much better than shifting the Chevettes.
lol.gif
.) What I clearly remember though was the lack of room between the brake pedal and the tunnel. If I tried to lift my foot off the gas the side of my boot would catch the back of the brake pedal and get stuck. Had to remember to slide my foot down and out if I wanted to use the brake. Once that didn't go so well while in reverse and a fire hydrant left a good mark.